AISC Steel Manual 14 Ed - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
baradi

AISC Steel Manual 14 Ed

HI,

Where do I get the AISC steel manual 14 Edition ? Are there any sellers in the board ?

Thanks.

https://www.aisc.org/Steel-Construction-Manual-14th-Ed-Fourth-Printing-Print#.WW-lc4Tytpg

A structural engineer will need this manual.  If you're not a structural engineer and thinking of purchasing it solely for taking the PE, I personally wouldn't do that.  You won't need it for the Civil breadth and it's quite expensive as far as reference manuals go.  Basically I'd only recommend purchasing if you intend to practice structural engineering.  But others may disagree.

Whoops I realize now that this was posted in the structural forum... so you likely are a structural.  For some reason I thought I had clicked the WRE forum... Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, baradi said:

HI,

Where do I get the AISC steel manual 14 Edition ? Are there any sellers in the board ?

Thanks.

Just an FYI but the 15th edition just came out. If you're going to buy an AISC manual get this one and borrow the 14th from a colleague for the exam. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 0:16 PM, gpoli111 said:

Just an FYI but the 15th edition just came out. If you're going to buy an AISC manual get this one and borrow the 14th from a colleague for the exam. 

and it's turquoise. so pretty ♥

• Like 1

Not to be a downer but which building code even references the AISC 15th edition?

1 hour ago, thejulie_PE said:

and it's turquoise. so pretty ♥

I want!

On 7/24/2017 at 9:53 AM, kevo_55 said:

Not to be a downer but which building code even references the AISC 15th edition?

None yet.  I would imagine the 2018 IBC will reference it when it comes out.

I have a AISC steel manual  14 (old pdf file), but it has 2200 pages. I am not available to print out all of them and buy a book.

So Could anyone show which part of the book that I need to bring to PE structural exam?  

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Dung said:

I have a AISC steel manual  14 (old pdf file), but it has 2200 pages. I am not available to print out all of them and buy a book.

So Could anyone show which part of the book that I need to bring to PE structural exam?  

Thank you.

If you are taking structural depth you need entire manual no exceptions. Thats pretty much the bottom line. If you dont work in structural, then buy the 15th edition so that you can sell it. The 14th edition is still called for in the exam, but im sure the 15th has more material as opposed to chenged material. Just trying to help. 

4 hours ago, Hemi79 said:

If you are taking structural depth you need entire manual no exceptions. Thats pretty much the bottom line. If you dont work in structural, then buy the 15th edition so that you can sell it. The 14th edition is still called for in the exam, but im sure the 15th has more material as opposed to chenged material. Just trying to help. 

Thank you for your answer.

I am taking structural depth in April.  I don't live in the US, so I don't use AISC at work. For this reason, buying this Manual just for the exam is not suitable for me.

I have to think a new way.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:59 AM, Dung said:

Thank you for your answer.

I am taking structural depth in April.  I don't live in the US, so I don't use AISC at work. For this reason, buying this Manual just for the exam is not suitable for me.

I have to think a new way.

Maybe see if there's an engineering firm or library or architectural firm somewhere that would be willing to lend it to you for exam purposes.