AISC Steel Manual 14 Ed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baradi

Reaction score
HI,

Where do I get the AISC steel manual 14 Edition ? Are there any sellers in the board ?

Thanks.

https://www.aisc.org/Steel-Construction-Manual-14th-Ed-Fourth-Printing-Print#.WW-lc4Tytpg

A structural engineer will need this manual.  If you're not a structural engineer and thinking of purchasing it solely for taking the PE, I personally wouldn't do that.  You won't need it for the Civil breadth and it's quite expensive as far as reference manuals go.  Basically I'd only recommend purchasing if you intend to practice structural engineering.  But others may disagree.

Whoops I realize now that this was posted in the structural forum... so you likely are a structural.  For some reason I thought I had clicked the WRE forum... Sorry about that.

Not to be a downer but which building code even references the AISC 15th edition?

I have a AISC steel manual  14 (old pdf file), but it has 2200 pages. I am not available to print out all of them and buy a book.

So Could anyone show which part of the book that I need to bring to PE structural exam?  

Thank you.

I have a AISC steel manual  14 (old pdf file), but it has 2200 pages. I am not available to print out all of them and buy a book.

So Could anyone show which part of the book that I need to bring to PE structural exam?  

Thank you.
If you are taking structural depth you need entire manual no exceptions. Thats pretty much the bottom line. If you dont work in structural, then buy the 15th edition so that you can sell it. The 14th edition is still called for in the exam, but im sure the 15th has more material as opposed to chenged material. Just trying to help. 

If you are taking structural depth you need entire manual no exceptions. Thats pretty much the bottom line. If you dont work in structural, then buy the 15th edition so that you can sell it. The 14th edition is still called for in the exam, but im sure the 15th has more material as opposed to chenged material. Just trying to help. 
Thank you for your answer.

I am taking structural depth in April.  I don't live in the US, so I don't use AISC at work. For this reason, buying this Manual just for the exam is not suitable for me.

I have to think a new way.

Thank you for your answer.

I am taking structural depth in April.  I don't live in the US, so I don't use AISC at work. For this reason, buying this Manual just for the exam is not suitable for me.

I have to think a new way.
Maybe see if there's an engineering firm or library or architectural firm somewhere that would be willing to lend it to you for exam purposes. 

Back