Passed FE Other Disciplines with APEGA(Canada)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jignav

Reaction score
Hi,

I have passed FE Other discipline Exam from APEGA. I am a Petroleum Engineer. I am enrolled as EIT with APEGA. How do I proceed now to enter in to Petroleum Industry as EIT?

Thank you

With APEGA, you just need a university engineering degree to become an EIT.  Just go to APEGA website and apply. You do not need to write any exams. FE exam is only a EIT requirement in the US. 

That is not quite true, right now APEGA assigns the FE exam to foreign educated engineers (even tho their degree is 100% recognized) and even to engineers that "they think are not educated well enough). Happened to my Canadian friend who graduated from uni in Ontario. 

I am another example, BSc and MSc from Europe (Poland and England) with excellent recommendations, projects history and chartered status and that wasn't enough for APEGA. I need to take FE exam.  

That is not quite true, right now APEGA assigns the FE exam to foreign educated engineers (even tho their degree is 100% recognized) and even to engineers that "they think are not educated well enough). Happened to my Canadian friend who graduated from uni in Ontario. 

I am another example, BSc and MSc from Europe (Poland and England) with excellent recommendations, projects history and chartered status and that wasn't enough for APEGA. I need to take FE exam.  
Does it mean that even with (foreign) work experience, one would still have to sit for FE exams to get EIT?

Back