Illinois PE Experience Requirement

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mschweisthal

Reaction score
I recently passed the PE and am working to apply for my license. I worked under a PE for 3 years at one company and 3 years under a PE with my current company. The problem is that the PE I worked under at my previous company no longer works there and they do not have his contact information. The owner of my previous company was also a PE, could I use him to verify my experience there? Is there a way to verify my experience without having the PE I worked under sign off? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ask the owner if he would.  Google and or linkedin isn't your friend to find the person?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently passed the PE and am working to apply for my license. I worked under a PE for 3 years at one company and 3 years under a PE with my current company. The problem is that the PE I worked under at my previous company no longer works there and they do not have his contact information. The owner of my previous company was also a PE, could I use him to verify my experience there? Is there a way to verify my experience without having the PE I worked under sign off? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Most boards require a PE familiar with your experience to be used to reference you. You can check the board roster/database to get the PE's contact info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back