SE RESULTS ARE OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a "NCEES Notification of Result Release" email. Then I checked my NCEES account. I was told by the Kentucky board that NCEES releases results directly to us, whereas other states approve the results before they are released.

I think WA is out too. I hear coworkers talking about it. 

Oklahoma has information on their website depending on if you passed or not.  Don't see actual results yet but obviously they have been released.

NC results out, back to studying for me. Unacceptable both parts. Splitting up the exams this time around. Vertical in fall, lateral next Spring.

Well done! Was this is the last one for you?
This was my first! I'm planning on taking the Vertical this fall.

Congrats!  Were you pretty confident about your results and how you did in the afternoon primarily when you took the test?
Thanks! After the test, I felt fairly confident on the afternoon portion. I knew I did very well on the Column and Footing questions, but I stumbled a bit on the General Analysis because I was just coming up with numbers that didnt make sense for my bridge stiffness. I stated some assumptions though, and carried on and the rest of the problem worked out pretty well. I didn't feel terribly well about the morning portion. It felt like just a huge time crunch the entire time, and I ended up just guessing on 3 questions that I had skipped initially and didn't have a chance to get back to. I walked out thinking I was probably right on the Pass/Fail line...wouldn't have been too shocked if I failed.

Congrats all!

I've always suspected the state boards wait until late Friday afternoon to minimize the number of emotionally charged phone calls they receive.

This is really the biggest flaw with my strategy of taking the test in CA... I have to wait until late afternoon Pacific!

California is out.

Passed both bridges. I felt very similarly to onemanwolfpack -- could have been right on that edge of pass/fail. Certainly didn't feel as good as coming out of the PE.

But now... now I'll never have to know.

Failed Buildings Verical first try. 24/40 in the morning, Acceptable, Unacceptable, Unacceptable, Improvement Required. Pretty spot on to how I felt leaving the exam so not surprised at all. Didn't do any afternoon problems studying and felt way too rushed during the exam. My acceptable was the first problem and it took me an hour and 20 minutes and after that I just had to try and fly through the rest. Also didn't focus nearly enough on AASHTO.  Oh well I know what to focus on now and try again in the fall!

I passed lateral bridges!  Definitely expected to fail, so great surprise!

Back