PA License Number?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp11282014

Reaction score
Has anyone who passed the PE exam this cycle in PA received anything regarding their license? I know the board says 30 days to process but April 2016 test was a week earlier and licenses seemed to trickle in around the first week of June which was less than the 30 days. My guess is next week we might see something but was curious if anyone who passed in PA had received theirs yet.

Has anyone who passed the PE exam this cycle in PA received anything regarding their license? I know the board says 30 days to process but April 2016 test was a week earlier and licenses seemed to trickle in around the first week of June which was less than the 30 days. My guess is next week we might see something but was curious if anyone who passed in PA had received theirs yet.
I am in Louisiana, hope you get yours anytime soon!

I checked the Dept of State website today. Nothing yet

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

29 days since results. Nothing yet. Web site states within 30 days !!!

I contacted the board about a few days after we were issued the exam results and this was the response:

"The NCEES exam results are in the hands of our IT team, not the board office.  The board office has transitioned to a new database (PALS) as well as a third party test vendor, Pearson Vue.  Processes we were accustomed to from past exam cycles no longer exist as we know it so we’re still in a transition phase.  Our IT team is actively working on processing the results so I can only advise that when your license is issued, it will be reflected on the verification site immediately.   Unfortunately, I cannot give you a specific timeframe for this to happen, just a notification that IT is actively working on downloading results and issuing the licenses.  My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

I then checked in about two weeks ago for a status update and this was the response I received on 06/21:

"Our IT team is actively working on processing the successful results to PALS (Pennsylvania Licensing System) and issuing the professional engineer licenses.  The board office has not been informed specifically when they expect the processing to be completed.  We're hopeful it will be soon."

Ultimately, it seems that we are the test subjects for this new system.

I contacted the board about a few days after we were issued the exam results and this was the response:"The NCEES exam results are in the hands of our IT team, not the board office.  The board office has transitioned to a new database (PALS) as well as a third party test vendor, Pearson Vue.  Processes we were accustomed to from past exam cycles no longer exist as we know it so we’re still in a transition phase.  Our IT team is actively working on processing the results so I can only advise that when your license is issued, it will be reflected on the verification site immediately.   Unfortunately, I cannot give you a specific timeframe for this to happen, just a notification that IT is actively working on downloading results and issuing the licenses.  My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

I then checked in about two weeks ago for a status update and this was the response I received on 06/21:

"Our IT team is actively working on processing the successful results to PALS (Pennsylvania Licensing System) and issuing the professional engineer licenses.  The board office has not been informed specifically when they expect the processing to be completed.  We're hopeful it will be soon."

Thanks for the update. Now I won't be "that guy" that emails them today because it's day 30 !!

I contacted the board about a few days after we were issued the exam results and this was the response:

"The NCEES exam results are in the hands of our IT team, not the board office.  The board office has transitioned to a new database (PALS) as well as a third party test vendor, Pearson Vue.  Processes we were accustomed to from past exam cycles no longer exist as we know it so we’re still in a transition phase.  Our IT team is actively working on processing the results so I can only advise that when your license is issued, it will be reflected on the verification site immediately.   Unfortunately, I cannot give you a specific timeframe for this to happen, just a notification that IT is actively working on downloading results and issuing the licenses.  My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

Thanks for the info, I will continue with the wait and see approach

Thanks for the update. Now I won't be "that guy" that emails them today because it's day 30 !!

I will probably still contact them by the end of the week if we still haven't gotten anything by then.

I was antsy wondering if we would receive license numbers prior to the holiday and contacted the PA state board...I then received the same canned response @JM90 received 2 weeks ago

"Our IT team is actively working on processing the successful results to PALS (Pennsylvania Licensing System) and issuing the professional engineer licenses.  The board office has not been informed specifically when they expect the processing to be completed.  We're hopeful it will be soon.

Thank you for your patience."

I am not hopeful we will see anything this week or next, given next week has a holiday. 

I was antsy wondering if we would receive license numbers prior to the holiday and contacted the PA state board...I then received the same canned response @JM90 received 2 weeks ago"Our IT team is actively working on processing the successful results to PALS (Pennsylvania Licensing System) and issuing the professional engineer licenses.  The board office has not been informed specifically when they expect the processing to be completed.  We're hopeful it will be soon.

Thank you for your patience."

I am not hopeful we will see anything this week or next, given next week has a holiday. 
Dislike ! I just sent a message to JM to see if he inquired yet this week. Thanks for the update !

If it's any consolation, I applied for license by comity June 10th and still shows a pending status.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's any consolation, I applied for license by comity June 10th and still shows a pending status.
Haha, not really but at least now I know there are a few people in the same boat waiting for PA to work out the bugs/issues in their new license system....

I contacted the board again and this was the response:

We have not received confirmation of when the licenses will be issued.  We continue to wait for completion of the process.  Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Seems to me that they have no idea what's going on.

As frustrating as this delay be may, at least you know that you passed the exam. In the past PA wouldn't even release the results until they had the licences ready to be issued.

Imagine how stressed you'd be if you were still waiting on the results.

I should mention that I do not yet show up in the license search database but the information is posted where the license application details used to reside

Back