What review courses would you recommend for survey and seismic?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this in another string and like the format so I decided to use it to reply to your questions

1. Professional Engineering Services (Passpe.com) - this course can be taken in person in Frenso, CA, live webinar or On Demand video

2. Cost: $500 for each Seismic and/or Surveying

3. # of Hours of Instruction: 42.5 hrs class + 12 office hours for each course

4. I really like the class format, especially the seismic design.  It is setup with a step by step order to make sure you understand each aspect.  There are several table that he created that made answering question extremely fast and took the guess work out.

http://www.passpe.com/registration/registration.html

I agree with Amy. Professional Engineering Services (Passpe.com) classes are to the point and specific to exam content. Dr. Mansour is very knowledgeable and helpful. 

My vote goes to EET for seismic. Dr. Ibrahim is one of the best and caring teachers I have seen.

I had bought the DVD and book from Dr. Mansour for survey. I think it is a good resource but you need some practice CBTs.

Good luck for your studies and exams.

Maji

I passed all three exams in this last cycle thanks to EET seismic and breadth/depth. Not only does Ahmed have a really great grasp of the test, but he also teaches them well. He used to help write the exam as well, so he's well versed in the exam procedure.

Seismic: For anyone on the fence about which course to take, I really recommend EET (see this review on my sort-of blog). The course is $500, but it's a good value considering you will most likely pass the exam on your first try regardless of your background. EET's website doesn't seem to be working at the moment however.

Survey: I recommend the Civil PE Surveying Review (CPESR) course taught by Kirk Torossian. There's only 20 hours of lecture, but his videos are straight to the point and he speaks very clearly. He offers 4 CBT exams you can take over and over, and they are great prep for the real exam. The provided course workbook has pretty much all of the equations you need. 

I had Mansour's textbook as a reference, and it's is also a good option, but I can't speak for the course itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Highly recommend EET for seismic. For a water major with zero background in structure, Dr. Ibrahim's lectures helped me tremendously in understanding the subjects.  I finished all the questions in time, and walked out of the exam with confidence. I passed with no doubt.

I self studied survey using Mansour's materials, but not sure if this is a good idea or not. I got over 85% correct when taking all three practice exams, and was able to finish all the questions in less than 2.5 hours. However, the the actual exam felt sort of different, there were a few terms I couldn't even recognize and had to spent time figuring out the meaning of terms. I only got to work on 70% of the questions and rush guessed the rest. I thought I would fail but somehow still passed, lol.   

For Seismic: I used a combination of Heiner (workbook), Ibrahim (practice exams), and Mansour (classes and workbooks)

For Surveying: Mansour's workbooks and classes were sufficient.

EET for CA-Seismic and EET for 8-hour Transportation depth.

Take EET  if you want to pass 8-hr portion and CA-Seismic in one try.

I graduated from college over 20 years ago. I have ADHD. I never saw PE licensing in my future. But then I had a sports injury and became temporarily disabled. I couldn't perform my job in construction, and so decided to try for PE exam simply to pass time (I was bored to tears). EET’s transportation depth on-demand webinar is so effective, I passed the 8-hour national exam without having to study for morning (AM) exam subjects. Luck definitely had something to do with this, but trust me, if I can pass these exams in one try, so can you! I am lazy and live a life of leisure when I’m not disabled. I spend at least 15 hours traveling home on weekends. For the 8-hour exam I prepped for 2 months with EET and for CA-seismic exam I also prepped 2 months with EET. All while traveling for work.

I am particularly impressed with EET’s transportation-depth lead instructor, and EET’s CA-seismic solo instructor. If those two men can each me transportation and seismic in two months, they can teach any monkey anything! The EET seismic instructor will hold your hand and make sure you pass your test; he will give you custom play-by-play commands so if you just turn your brain off and do as he says, you will get a grip and pass the test. If you are not naturally smart, he will give you simple marching commands that are within your ability. Like me, you will be inspired to study hard and pass the test just so that you don’t let him down! The EET teachers are dedicated, passionate about helping you, and the best part is, THEY KNOW HOW TO PITCH TO THE BATTER. No matter what level you are on, they know how to help you and inspire you. This is truly a unique and magical opportunity for anyone to take. My successful exam results are a testament that anyone can get PE licensure if they study with EET. I am sure that Hiner cannot compare.

I would also try EET for CA-surveying, but I cannot speak from personal experience. I do know that one of the two EET instructors I rave about in this review also teaches their CA-surveying. And his teaching style is very, very effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys,

I did EET course for seismic but feel iffy on 25 of the 55 questions I practically marked and moved on. However the other 30 I felt confident in getting them

right because I got an answer and was careful....is this a good sign to pass? knowing you need roughly 55% to pass?

super nervous

EET is simply awesome!!  I took the Breath, Transportation Depth, Surveying and Seismic and passed the tests on my first try.  The Professors make the concepts so simple and make the classes enjoyable.  These professors really care about each and everyone of their students' success and message and call us.  EET has been great in promoting my career. It has been a long 10 months of studying, but listening to them and put in the time with homework, quizzes and simulation exams will make it worth it. EET is ridiculously helpful and they will get you to pass. 

EET is simply awesome!!  I took the Breath, Transportation Depth, Surveying and Seismic and passed the tests on my first try.  The Professors make the concepts so simple and make the classes enjoyable.  These professors really care about each and everyone of their students' success and message and call us.  EET has been great in promoting my career. It has been a long 10 months of studying, but listening to them and put in the time with homework, quizzes and simulation exams will make it worth it. EET is ridiculously helpful and they will get you to pass. 
Did you use any other references or just the course folder they provide?

Back