CA Survey Sample Problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owillis28

Reaction score
Hope these help. Found these a couple of years ago. Posted on "the other board" to contact me via email. Thought I would post on this forum as well for anyone to download.

owillis

Thanks. That's very helpful.

Does Caltrans have anything like this for Seismic, too ?

oswillis-- Google this phrase to get the entire Caltrans review manual: "Caltrans LS/LSIT Video Exam Preparation Course," or simply go to http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/geometronics/...orkbookTOC.html

tina-- caltrans does not have anything similar for seismic as far as I know. But Google "seismic review hiner" to order the most understandable seismic review book out there (in my opinion, of course) written by Dr. Hiner himself. The seismic section on this site has more tips, too.

best of luck,

Mr. Smee

oswillis-- Google this phrase to get the entire Caltrans review manual: "Caltrans LS/LSIT Video Exam Preparation Course," or simply go to http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/geometronics/...orkbookTOC.html
tina-- caltrans does not have anything similar for seismic as far as I know. But Google "seismic review hiner" to order the most understandable seismic review book out there (in my opinion, of course) written by Dr. Hiner himself. The seismic section on this site has more tips, too.

best of luck,

Mr. Smee
can you take the Caltrans LS/LSIT Video Exam Preparation Course sheets into the test as long as they are bound?

I just had to remove a post due to someone almost breaking the NCEES agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:
But Google "seismic review hiner" to order the most understandable seismic review book out there (in my opinion, of course) written by Dr. Hiner himself. The seismic section on this site has more tips, too.
best of luck,

Mr. Smee

That study guide is awesome. That and the CBC is all i used to study for and pass the test. Hiner demistifies(sp) the seismic code and makes it easily understandable for a non-structural, even non-civil engineering person. I have my degrees in chemE and still managed to pass the seismic with hiner's book on my first (real) attempt.

Back