States that have Issued PE License Number

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Louisiana has. Their website says they issue licenses in 6 to 8 weeks, but they pleasantly surprised me by emailing me my license number the day after results were posted! 

Arkansas send the License number along with exam result even before they appeared in Ncees.

Have to send in a check for $120 to Minnesota before I get my license number and wallet card. Certificate suitable for framing will be ordered and come in the future.

Louisiana has. Their website says they issue licenses in 6 to 8 weeks, but they pleasantly surprised me by emailing me my license number the day after results were posted! 
so happy for you! I have one question for you. Do you take the test after you meet 4 years experience or take the test as Part II? I live in Louisiana as well, I took the test before I meet 4 years experience, but now I have just meet 4 years experience and waiting for the license number. I am glad you get your number so quick.

so happy for you! I have one question for you. Do you take the test after you meet 4 years experience or take the test as Part II? I live in Louisiana as well, I took the test before I meet 4 years experience, but now I have just meet 4 years experience and waiting for the license number. I am glad you get your number so quick.
Thanks!  I took the test way after meeting the experience requirement (cuz I'm old), but if you take it in LA prior to doing so, you submit Part II once you have met the experience requirement.  

I did see this on their website though so might want to be careful if you ever want to be a PE somewhere else:

If you ever apply for professional engineer licensure in another jurisdiction, you MAY be required to take the Principles and Practice of Engineering examination again. Some jurisdictions may not honor the “early taking” of the Principles and Practice of Engineering examination prior to obtaining the requisite progressive engineering experience.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!  I took the test way after meeting the experience requirement (cuz I'm old), but if you take it in LA prior to doing so, you submit Part II once you have met the experience requirement.  

I did see this on their website though so might want to be careful if you ever want to be a PE somewhere else:

If you ever apply for professional engineer licensure in another jurisdiction, you MAY be required to take the Principles and Practice of Engineering examination again. Some jurisdictions may not honor the “early taking” of the Principles and Practice of Engineering examination prior to obtaining the requisite progressive engineering experience.

Hope that helps!
Thank you Trackerjacker for your info! I have submit Part II application early May, they told me to wait 2 weeks. I am expecting my number everyday! Any way, congratulations to you being a PE, cheers

Thank you Trackerjacker for your info! I have submit Part II application early May, they told me to wait 2 weeks. I am expecting my number everyday! Any way, congratulations to you being a PE, cheers
Oh sorry - misunderstood you.  Hope you get it soon.

Was Virginia posted on the website or did you receive notice in the mail?

So just spoke to the most dry, mono-tone person at the state board.. "6-8 weeks for the license number, nothing I can do" .  Way to go FBPE! 

I called the Virginia board this morning and they said that the license numbers will be uploaded in batches.  Based on Jeepmaster's post some of the numbers are already posted, but mine wasn't there which made me nervous.  The lady I spoke with said that all number should be uploaded within 2 weeks of today.

Does anyone have any idea when PA will issue license numbers?  
I emailed the board administrator - they said "Please allow 30 days for the board office to process the results and issue you your professional license."

Got my license number on the lookup on the SC LLR website. Stamp is ordered. Have not gotten an email from SC LLR yet regarding the PE certificate.

Back