Why can't we all be like Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal91

Reaction score
I want to know my score! Why don't the state boards release those? They don't want employers to consider scores (apart from pass/fail)?

I think a lot of it has to do with test integrity of the questions. Those questions that NCEES values so deeply.

Also, just because you score one score on one test, doesn't make you any better or worst than another person. 

It is definitely nice to know what my score was.  It seems like after you pay so much money that the least they could do is tell you your score.  I am also thankful that Texas allows for FE exam waiver.  

The passing score will vary by discipline and session. So scores aren't of much utility to employers.

While is may be nice to know your passing grade it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things. You get the same post-nominals with a barely pass as a 100%. The veterans around here will all tell you that a year from now, you won't care what score you got.

I'm four days post finding out I passed, and I don't care for a single second that I didn't get my score. Trust me, when you've failed it and find out your score because of that fact, you don't really mind not knowing the number score for your pass!

I also don't give a **** about my score. 

There are a few questions that I felt were very tricky and want to know the answer too, but it's definitely not keeping me up at night.

Considering that I likely just barely passed, I have no interest in knowing my score.

If you got much more than 70% correct, you spent too much time studying.  

The only real reason I see a benefit of knowing your score is so you can pass along to future takers any decent study habits. I was able to have my actual score fall correctly into my range of assumed scores based on my tally of questions I got 100%, 50%, or 25% correct. 

I did not get a score for my FE, but I still would have liked to know how I did. Maybe it's the fact that every other test we have seen a true grade or that since they are saying no you cannot have this, now we want it...

Those of you that say you enjoy not being able to see your score, do you think you would actually look or be tempted to look if it was actually available? 

Oh, I'd look if it were available. But it would have no more effect on me today than knowing the score of any other pass/fail test I've taken the last 20 years.

Sure, I'd look. But I don't "enjoy", per say, not having my score. I just don't care that I don't have it in the first place.

I definitely care less about having an exact score, but I would love to receive a graded exam back to go over the problems I missed and areas of weakness. It's just my old college habits, I'm sure, but I learn most from reviewing exams. Oh well, learning from the exam is not the point of the test and I got over it pretty quickly!

I definitely care less about having an exact score, but I would love to receive a graded exam back to go over the problems I missed and areas of weakness. It's just my old college habits, I'm sure, but I learn most from reviewing exams. Oh well, learning from the exam is not the point of the test and I got over it pretty quickly!
I agree with this. I would love to take a look at the solutions for the problems that truly stumped me and see if maybe my reasoning was correct for a few I wasn't sure about.

I don't care what score I got. I checked it, sure, but I don't really care. That green box was the most important part.

I did just check the NCEES website yesterday, though. Just to make sure that box was still green...

I did just check the NCEES website yesterday, though. Just to make sure that box was still green...
That's pretty common. People still do that years after the fact.

Sometimes it's done not under the pretense of starting a fake results thread. ;)

I'm going to assume I got an 80/80. But realistically, I felt like I was in the range of 55-63 out of 80. Passing is passing! 

Back