Top Gun 2

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, he still looks basically the same, which I think is weird, but I suppose good for him. I hope it's good!

I am curious to see the story line since we don't really have any enemies with aircraft that are even caught up to where we were 30 years ago..

The F-22 versus the soviet SU-POS, where the F-22 can send a missile downrange before the soviet plane even knows the F-22 is out there.. It should be a short movie :D

Last edited by a moderator:
They have been with the Navy long enough that they all have desk jobs now...

I think maverick and goose could go to the actual nursing home that Kelly Mcgillis is in and sing you've lost that loving feeling to her

Twitter has the answers on the plot:

Top Gun 2 mainly just takes place in the Pentagon trying to figure out why the F-35 is so behind schedule

Premise: Tom Cruise battles rude United Airlines flight attendants on a cross country flight..

Top Gun 2 is officially in the works. Get ready for the sweatiest, sexiest game of shuffleboard EVER.

You do know Top Gun 2 is just a series of endless ready to fly program meetings in which cost overruns and delivery slips are reported.

Top Gun 2 will be about Pete Mitchell breaking all the rules and then waiting on paperwork to clear to get DoD travel reimbursements.

Top Gun 2 is just three hours of maverick sitting in a windowless room staring at a monitor showing the feed from a drone camera

Top Gun 2: Tom Cruise is now a teacher at Top Gun school and all the students are drones. he's the only actor in the movie

Top Gun 2 is about Maverick returning to the Navy because he's the only one who can get an old version of powerpoint to work

Top Gun 2 is going to be 180 minutes of Tom Cruise sitting on a runway while his F-35A's code debugs until a $1000 drone explodes on him.

I am curious to see the story line since we don't really have any enemies with aircraft that are even caught up to where we were 30 years ago..

The F-22 versus the soviet SU-POS, where the F-22 can send a missile downrange before the soviet plane even knows the F-22 is out there.. It should be a short movie :D
Too bad the Navy never adopted the F-22 and still uses the F-18, which is ~30+ years old for their C/D models and ~20 years old for their E/F model.  I guess we have a handful of F-35Cs for the Navy though.  Perhaps our radars and missiles are better though, but I think a MIG-29 or SU-27 might give them a run for their money, depending on the conditions.  The PAK FA looks like a formidable fighter too, especially against our 4th gen aircraft, but still very early in production.  

Somehow, I have the feeling that this movie will turn out a lot like Iron Eagle.

Maybe they will cast Shia Labeouf as his kid much like Indiana Jones, ya know, totally ruining it.

^ I hope not! That movie was awesome growing up!!! TIME TO DIE IRON EAGLE!!!!

Iron_Eagle_MO06081077.jpg

is someone implying that the original Iron Eagle wasn't any good?
I was referring more to what Connor Cruise did to Red Dawn... But thinking about it more, his son's performance in that movie was actually so unmemorable, maybe he would go completely unnoticed in a Top Gun 2??

I don't think anything could replace jacked-up teeth Tom Cruise. Plus Val Kilmer hasn't aged well, what with the massive weight gain then loss and that unfortunate cancer bit. 

Top Gun now operates out of NAS Fallon in Nevada, aka The Middle of Fucking Nowhere. 

Let me clarify:

Top Gun (The original)= Kick ass.

Iron Eagle= Pretty good.

Top Gun 2= ??

Iron Eagle 2= What did I just watch?

Iron Eagle 3= Direct to DVD. (Enough said....)

I hope that Top Gun doesn't repeat this.

ok, nice backpedal ;)   but I follow you.. (ive never gotten more than 10 minutes into IE 2 or 3..)

Back