DC Results Released!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mklee1986

Reaction score
DC results relased.  Failed with score of 44.  I feel like a total loser...sad way to start this long weekend. I'll probably be too embarassed to go back to work on Tuesday.   

DC results relased.  Failed with score of 44.  I feel like a total loser...sad way to start this long weekend. I'll probably be too embarassed to go back to work on Tuesday.   
If people ask, tell them that you will be taking it again. You don't need to go into details of explaining score, reasons, etc.

I know it's easier said than done, but don't sweat it too hard for too long.  Reading around this forum, there are many who have tried multiple times and were able to pass it!  Their encouragement is awesome.  Don't give up.

Nope, nope, nope.  You're not a loser. One thing I've found really comforting on this board is seeing how many people didn't pass the first time.  I failed yesterday too, so I completely understand the disappointment.  Hey, we got through engineering school, right?  This is just one hiccup on the way to success.  Take a relaxing weekend, enjoy yourself, and let's get ready to kick October's test in the face.

I totally agree with SoCalBound.  I failed last October's test.  After 24 years out of school, married 20 years, 3 kids, lots of work/home/church responsibilities, took the FE in 1993, I decided that I was going to take the PE test.  I did what SoCalBound said after I failed the test.  I told others that it doesn't matter how many times I take the test I am going to pass it.  But it was for my benefit not because of what they thought of me.  I decided that I was going to pass this test regards of the amount of tries.  Mklee1986, you must decide that nothing is going to stop you (even a failed result). You can do it.

Don't feel like a loser! Heck, I failed my exam twice with scores of 46 and then 45 (yep, I did worse my second time than I did my first) my first two tries. But I was able to to turn the tables and pass on my third try, and I know I'm not the only one.

This exam does not define whether you are a good or bad engineer. Think about it, you are still just as able to do what you could do yesterday before getting your results as you are today.

And at least you have your results. There is something to be said for the wait being over, despite the results being unfavorable. Keep you head up! You can and WILL get it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys!!! Using your kind words as a motivator to start studying next week.  I won't give up! 

Back