Electrical and Electronics PE Test

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed it. First time test taker. Out of school 6 years. Self studied 1 hour everyday for 2 month after work.

Me too Dunya............though I've been out of school 30 years..........I had to put in more time (2 hrs/night) since alot of the math had been out of my brain for decades! 

11 years out, took a prep class, I've been in a mechanical type job since graduation and almost took that but figured Electrical and Electronics would be easier since I didn't take the basics of mechanical in college. Glad I did, I passed :D

Anyone else take the Electrical and Electronics PE Test?

Took it and passed but was curious how others found it.
I took it and passed.  I scored a 79% (Texas).  I did a whole write-up about my prep here:

This test is so...unpopular.  I don't know why more people don't take it.

I took it and passed.  I scored a 79% (Texas).  I did a whole write-up about my prep here:

This test is so...unpopular.  I don't know why more people don't take it.
I don't know why I took it, but I took it anyway. I guess I just wanna have a PE title and my major was more related to electronics in Electrical Engineering back in the school day.

I failed the Power Exam (second try). I am considering taking the Electrical and Electronics Exam. Good idea? The Pass rate seems to be significantly higher (~81% pass rate) than the Power Exam (66% pass rate) for first time takers. 

I have been researching and it seems that study material for the Electronics exam is rather limited when compared to the Power material. Any advice on where to look for resources / references, online course for the Electronics exam?

Back