South Carolina Out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PE_SC

Reaction score
http://www.scoutoftheirhands.org/index.html

Statewide Effort Targeting Minors Keeps Alcohol “Out of Their Hands”
COLUMBIA, S.C. – For the eighth year, an “enforcement and education blitz” coordinated by theS.C. Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services (DAODAS) has helped focus attention onthe dangers of underage alcohol use.Through the statewide campaign, South Carolina’s Alcohol Enforcement Teams (AETs) and preventionprofessionals collaborate on activities aimed at limiting access to alcohol by young people under theage of 21. The increased enforcement and public education efforts promote a safe end to the schoolyear and a safe prom season. The campaign – called “Out of Their Hands” – emphasizes that it isagainst the law for anyone under 21 to purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages.“Alcohol use by young people, a critical problem for our state, is a major cause of loss of life for peopleunder 21,” said Governor Henry McMaster when proclaiming April as Alcohol Awareness Month, “andalcohol-related car crashes are the leading cause of those deaths.”The campaign, which ran April 1-30, resulted in:

13 party-dispersal operations;

175 traffic stops;

528 casual contacts;

660 compliance checks;

149 on-premise bar checks; and

25 public safety checkpoints.The various operations led to 301 cases of charges being filed.In addition to the law enforcement activities, 88 media activities were held at high schools and middleschools, colleges, public forums, community events, civic groups, beach rentals, lodgingestablishments, retail alcohol outlets, and other retail locations. These activities included presentations,articles, merchant education trainings, interviews, news conferences, news releases, advertisements,distribution of “Out of Their Hands” educational material, media focus on enforcement activities, socialmedia impressions, campaign websites, and “Alcohol Walk/Run” awareness events. An estimatedone million South Carolinians received information about underage drinking through these mediaactivities. Throughout the year, DAODAS and the state’s 32 county alcohol and drug abuse authoritiesprovide tools and support for the three tactics proven effective in the prevention of underage drinking:1) reducing the availability of alcohol; 2) changing norms and behaviors through education; and 3)consistent enforcement of existing laws and regulations.“Through our partnerships with law enforcement, we’re working to save the lives of young peopleacross the state,” said Michelle Nienhius, Manager of Prevention Services for DAODAS, during a newsconference held today at Brookland-Cayce High School (BCHS) in Cayce.Joining Nienhius for the news conference were Sara Goldsby, Acting Director of DAODAS; StevenBurritt, State Director of MADD SC; students from the BCHS “Rise Above It” organization; andprevention professionals and law enforcement representatives from around the state

lol just wanted to have a laugh, while we wait for our results , I think I have checked this forum and the NCEES website way too many times today. Tomorrow hopefully they will really be out. 

Gonna burn down the building.

Lol, this is killing me though. From Florida but took the test early in SC so others I know are getting their results but not me yet.

Actually I may have just found out!!  I hope so at least.  Go to the sc llr page and get to the login page, if you don't know your username and password its a bit of a hassle but you can have both sent to your email from the "forgot your ____" links.  I did this, signed in, chose "print your license card" on the left hand side and there are 2 links..one for my EIT card and one saying it was issued today! Still no update on NCEES so sweet baby jesus I hope I'm not getting excited over nothing.

Actually I may have just found out!!  I hope so at least.  Go to the sc llr page and get to the login page, if you don't know your username and password its a bit of a hassle but you can have both sent to your email from the "forgot your ____" links.  I did this, signed in, chose "print your license card" on the left hand side and there are 2 links..one for my EIT card and one saying it was issued today! Still no update on NCEES so sweet baby jesus I hope I'm not getting excited over nothing.
I just went through this rigmarole. Just my EIT listed... you got me nervous. 

@Shipwreck34 When you go to Application Status, what application items are pending for you? I have board approval, education evaluation fee, and work experience. Is that normal?

So I just checked SC LLR and it says that I am registered as of today as an engineering category A with an expiration date of 2018 BUT no word from NCEES yet on SC. Does this mean I passed????

So I just checked SC LLR and it says that I am registered as of today as an engineering category A with an expiration date of 2018 BUT no word from NCEES yet on SC. Does this mean I passed????
Where does it say that on SC LLR site?

On the main SC LLr page on the right go to Licensee look up. Yesterday I was not listed but today I am. But still no word from NCEES!!!

Under licensee lookup select engineers and land surveyor and then just type in your last name and hit search/done. Fill in the not a robot mess and it will list everyone with that last name in SC that's registered 

I'm an out of state early examinee, so that's not going to help me, unfortunately. =(

Man this is so SLOWWW. Is there any hope left for today? Has anybody contacted the board by any chance? 

@Shipwreck34 When you go to Application Status, what application items are pending for you? I have board approval, education evaluation fee, and work experience. Is that normal?
Mine said I had nothing pending. All of mine was approved prior to the exam since I already have my years in and did the full application I'm assuming.

Man this is so SLOWWW. Is there any hope left for today? Has anybody contacted the board by any chance? 
I emailed them. You don't want to hear what they said. Besides, based on some of the other states it's not necessarily indicative of when the results are actually going to come out.

Also an out of state and early test taker, so cannot do the trick. Assuming they said then not until next week? Well see. 

Back