PE passers by age. - Page 3 - APR 2017 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Ahmfar

PE passers by age.

1 hour ago, jvanoye said:

Thanks for your words of inspiration... I am 47 and today I found out I failed the PE Mechanical Systems & Design test for the 2nd time. Very discouraged but thinking I'll try it next year.... I need time to recoup.

Start studying tomorrow. Never give up. A lot easier said than done, but trust me, you'll find the determination to get it next time 

• Like 1

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
1 minute ago, Limamike said:

Start studying tomorrow. Never give up. A lot easier said than done, but trust me, you'll find the determination to get it next time 

Thank you very much... and I think you're right. Better start studying again while things are fresh in my mind...

Wow!  I'm SO inspired by the vast range of age/life/etc.  It's inspiring...I didn't pass (again) but will try(again).

I've been out of school for about 15 years.  I took the FE about 13 years ago.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Wow!  I'm SO inspired by the vast range of age/life/etc.  It's inspiring...I didn't pass (again) but will try(again).

I've been out of school for about 15 years.  I took the FE about 13 years ago.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jvanoye said:

Failed the first time at 46 with a 39/80 score, failed the 2nd time at 47 with a 46/80 score, my discipline was PE Machine Design & Materials. Not sure if I want to take the exam again in Oct.'17 or if I should wait until April '18... very disappointed but seeing others post their results after their 3rd attempt is very encouraging.

I'd encourage you to take a month or so to relax then get right back at it. You improved remarkably between 1st and 2nd attempts. Don't be discouraged!! You can do this!!

• Like 1

Just now, Headnarm said:

I'd encourage you to take a month or so to relax then get right back at it. You improved remarkably between 1st and 2nd attempts. Don't be discouraged!! You can do this!!

Thank you Headnarm...this is personal now. I need to take time off to rest and then get back at it...

1 minute ago, jvanoye said:

Thank you Headnarm...this is personal now. I need to take time off to rest and then get back at it...

Yep... a little time off to gather yourself and mentally prepare yourself for studying/taking the exam again. If you're dead-set on passing this exam then nothing will stop you from doing it. Period. Who cares if you didn't pass this time... you only need to pass once... you'll get there! Relax for now, then come back recharged and ready to put your nose to the grind stone!

• Like 1

Passed at 33. Second career and first time eligible. Beyond elated and inspired to hear stories of all ages!

Good luck to all!

1 hour ago, dimockman said: Passed at 49. Passed the EIT in 1993. Worked Construction/Project Management for many years (not under a PE) so it took me quite some time to qualify. Never give up. You can do this !!!

Thanks for your words of inspiration... I am 47 and today I found out I failed the PE Mechanical Systems & Design test for the 2nd time. Very discouraged but thinking I'll try it next year.... I need time to recoup.

How close were you? I am 43 and passed on the third attempt. I only did practice problems this last time. I am glad I did not take time off because then I would have to review everything again. You can do It!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Passed PE Mechanical Thermal Fluids at 50 on 1st try (April 2017).

Passed FE / EIT Mechanical at 46 on 1st try.

Finished masters degree in 1997.

You can pass these tests later on in your career like I did.  Just keep working problems until you are fast and accurate.

• Like 3

EIT @ 32. PE @ 33 PASSED FIRST ATTEMPT. Wasn't worried about licensure until mining took a dip.

• Like 1

Passed at 42 on my first attempt, 19 years after taking the EIT/FE.  I must admit, I was intimidated by the exam for a long time and kept putting it off and then let other things take priority (like kids/family, work, getting my Patent Agent license, etc.).

• Like 1

EIT at 21, PE at 30 (first try) 

7.5 of my 9 years after the EIT were spent in grad school so I was used to studying/working all-day-every-day.

Had kids at 20 and 24 (Important to add this part! ;-)  ), EIT at 26 first try, Failed PE at 28, Failed PE at 29, Failed PE at 30 x2, Passed PE at 33!

My advice to those who failed is not to give up.  But also, learn from my half-tried attempts!  Decide when you want to take it and make sure you *actually* put the effort into it.  If you only half put the effort into it, you are wasting your time. 

• Like 1

1. Graduated at 24 with B.S. in Civil Engineering June 2013

2. Passed EIT/FE at 24 (3rd time with actual studying) April 2013

3. Passed the 8 hour PE transportation depth (First time!!, with testmasters) April 2017

4. Also went to Coachella weekend 1(4/13-4/15)  This was the weekend before the 8 hour! My friends/colleagues said this deserves to be mentioned. 

• Like 1

Just now, blee26 said:

1. Graduated at 24 with B.S. in Civil Engineering June 2013

2. Passed EIT/FE at 24 (3rd time with actual studying) April 2013

3. Passed the 8 hour PE transportation depth (First time!!, with testmasters) April 2017

4. Also went to Coachella weekend 1(4/13-4/15)  This was the weekend before the 8 hour! My friends/colleagues said this deserves to be mentioned. 

Whoops. Forgot to mention that I'm 28.