Four or More Fails

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humble8228

Reaction score
I have taken the PE exam 4 times  (failed all four)

The Board requires you take courses with exams/grade at the end to verify competency with areas of study that have shown weakness (according to Diagnostic).

Any idea on where I can find these courses?

I have taken the PE exam 4 times  (failed all four)The Board requires you take courses with exams/grade at the end to verify competency with areas of study that have shown weakness (according to Diagnostic).

What?????? That's new(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"During the 12 months since last taking the exam, applicant must complete a course of study in the technical areas where deficiency was identified to the applicant on previous exam results. The course can be taken through a technical society or a university that gives a final grade, and examination, or some other method used to show course competency. Proof of completion letter is required prior to Board review for seating."

I have taken the PE exam 4 times  (failed all four)

The Board requires you take courses with exams/grade at the end to verify competency with areas of study that have shown weakness (according to Diagnostic).

Have you taken a prep course for the PE.. School of PE, Test Masters, etc... They may be able to give you a certificate of completion. Either that or you may be able to take it in another state that doesn't have the same board requirements.

I'm sorry you didn't pass. Keep at it. This was my third try and I finally passed. I believe the test is a combination of luck getting questions you just happen to be strong with and how you perform that day. I wish you all the best luck. 

Have you taken a prep course for the PE.. School of PE, Test Masters, etc... They may be able to give you a certificate of completion. Either that or you may be able to take it in another state that doesn't have the same board requirements.

I'm sorry you didn't pass. Keep at it. This was my third try and I finally passed. I believe the test is a combination of luck getting questions you just happen to be strong with and how you perform that day. I wish you all the best luck. 
the have a caveat:

NOTE: THE BOARD HAS RULED THAT REQUIRED COURSE STUDIES CAN BE OBTAINED
FROM SEVERAL SOURCES: INTERNET, CORRESPONDENCE COURSES, TECHNICAL
SOCIETIES, COMMUNITY COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES AS LONG AS A GRADE OR EXAM IS
GIVEN TO THE APPLICANT UPON COMPLETION.

Mass does the same thing - if you fail more than three times (I think) you need to demonstrate to the board that you've received additional training before they'll let you register for another test. 

Back