North Carolina is Out! - APR 2017 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
J_MEC

North Carolina is Out!

Anybody from NC mail in their application or hear back yet? I mailed mine in the day after memorial day. With this being the first session of decoupling I am not sure how long it is going to take for them to process the applications.

I am thinking giving them another few days before I e-mail the board because I don't want to seem pushy/annoying and then they stick my application at the bottom of the pile, but I do want to have my license already!

I was also wondering same think since i did not hear from them and its been 10+days since i sent in all the informations they requested. Lets keep each other posted on here on what is going on, i was also confused if i needed to ask for records from NCEES or did the board already have them, i requested NCEES to send the records just in case. 

I applied last year before they announced decoupling and they sent my application back around October with a letter telling me they decoupled and to apply after I take the exam. I emailed them and they said they would hold my transcripts, references, and my FE verification (I took FE in a different state) since I already sent that in and it cost me money for the transcripts and FE verification.

I e-mailed them on Tuesday and they said they didn't have anything but my new application. So I am super bummed that I have to bother all my references again and pay to have transcripts mailed again. Luckily they said I could just do the FE verification through NCEES because to get my FE verified by my old state took them two months and $20.

Many told me dealing with the state board and the application would be more difficult than studying for and taking the exams. I think I finally understand what they meant.

Edited by J_MEC

Has anyone gotten their PE # yet from the Board?  I sent my application in on June 6 and just got an email stating that the application portion is complete, but it still has to go for a review by the Board.  Just wondering how much longer till I get the PE #?

On 6/15/2017 at 10:09 AM, J_MEC said:

I applied last year before they announced decoupling and they sent my application back around October with a letter telling me they decoupled and to apply after I take the exam. I emailed them and they said they would hold my transcripts, references, and my FE verification (I took FE in a different state) since I already sent that in and it cost me money for the transcripts and FE verification.

I e-mailed them on Tuesday and they said they didn't have anything but my new application. So I am super bummed that I have to bother all my references again and pay to have transcripts mailed again. Luckily they said I could just do the FE verification through NCEES because to get my FE verified by my old state took them two months and $20.

Many told me dealing with the state board and the application would be more difficult than studying for and taking the exams. I think I finally understand what they meant.

Hey J_Mec,

Just curious if you've heard anything from the board about the licensing process?  How long is it going to take?

Thanks!

I have no idea how long this will take. I had to have all my transcripts and references sent in again. I requested transcripts be sent to my house at the same time in addition to being mailed to the state board so that I can verify they actually got mailed out. I still haven't received the transcripts yet so I doubt the state board has them either.

I don't plan on following up with the state board again until at least I have my transcripts. 

If your application is complete, you will probably get your license before me.

I will definitely post here once I am licensed to give you guys a gauge of how long it will take in the future. After all, I will be too excited not to share the news with the board.

Edited by J_MEC

22 hours ago, J_MEC said:

I have no idea how long this will take. I had to have all my transcripts and references sent in again. I requested transcripts be sent to my house at the same time in addition to being mailed to the state board so that I can verify they actually got mailed out. I still haven't received the transcripts yet so I doubt the state board has them either.

I don't plan on following up with the state board again until at least I have my transcripts. 

If your application is complete, you will probably get your license before me.

I will definitely post here once I am licensed to give you guys a gauge of how long it will take in the future. After all, I will be too excited not to share the news with the board.

Hey - just wanted to let you know that I received my PE # today - I haven't received anything in the mail yet.  But it's official -- I'm a PE!!  I had mailed my application in on June 6 - just to use as a reference point.

That is awesome. Looks like it doesn't take very long after they tell you that they have your completed application.

Edited by J_MEC

I just got another e-mail from the state board saying they still didn't have my transcripts or references and I requested them a SECOND time and know that everyone mailed everything in a second time. I even had my transcripts mailed to my house at the same time I requested them be mailed to the state board and I received both of them, so I don't know what the problem could be?

I am not sure how to handle this. I am at the point I am thinking of calling them and asking if I can get the transcripts and references and then deliver them personally? I am very frustrated and just came here to vent. :brickwall:

Edited by J_MEC

I ended up calling the board and the lady on the phone was super helpful. Turns out they are only missing one of my references, not all 5 like the e-mail I had. They also have my transcripts.

I think this is the worst part about decoupling, having to deal with all the application stuff after the exam.

Edited by J_MEC

Has anybody else have any experience with NC board? I sent my application two weeks ago and my check has not even cashed yet. 

They cashed my check. I have been having issues with my reference's forms getting lost and filled out incorrectly. I really hope I got it all sorted out this week.

It's strange that they allow to take the test without an approved application. But I guess it has it's advantages, I almost missed the test because my FE scores weren't sent in time from the NY board.

Has anybody heard anything from the NC board? I have submitted my application about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard a word on that?

I have not contacted them. I guess I should since it's more than 4 weeks. What surprises me is that someone in this tread got his license in 2 weeks, and I still have not heard anything after 4 weeks. Not a word!   

I sent in my paperwork first or second week of June. They charged my fee within two weeks once I have sent it. I received my licence in mail 2 weeks ago (week of July 17th). In my case it took 6 weeks since i original sent it paperwork. 

18 hours ago, PEDream said:

I sent in my paperwork first or second week of June. They charged my fee within two weeks once I have sent it. I received my licence in mail 2 weeks ago (week of July 17th). In my case it took 6 weeks since i original sent it paperwork. 

Thanks for the info, PEDream. I am going to wait another 2 more weeks, hoping they would complete the process by then. It is just difficult to wait for the license when you know you already passed the exam. I feel like an impatient kid.... :) 

• Like 1