North Carolina is Out! - APR 2017 - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
J_MEC

North Carolina is Out!

Recommended Posts

Anybody from NC mail in their application or hear back yet? I mailed mine in the day after memorial day. With this being the first session of decoupling I am not sure how long it is going to take for them to process the applications.

I am thinking giving them another few days before I e-mail the board because I don't want to seem pushy/annoying and then they stick my application at the bottom of the pile, but I do want to have my license already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also wondering same think since i did not hear from them and its been 10+days since i sent in all the informations they requested. Lets keep each other posted on here on what is going on, i was also confused if i needed to ask for records from NCEES or did the board already have them, i requested NCEES to send the records just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied last year before they announced decoupling and they sent my application back around October with a letter telling me they decoupled and to apply after I take the exam. I emailed them and they said they would hold my transcripts, references, and my FE verification (I took FE in a different state) since I already sent that in and it cost me money for the transcripts and FE verification.

I e-mailed them on Tuesday and they said they didn't have anything but my new application. So I am super bummed that I have to bother all my references again and pay to have transcripts mailed again. Luckily they said I could just do the FE verification through NCEES because to get my FE verified by my old state took them two months and $20.

Many told me dealing with the state board and the application would be more difficult than studying for and taking the exams. I think I finally understand what they meant.

Edited by J_MEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone gotten their PE # yet from the Board?  I sent my application in on June 6 and just got an email stating that the application portion is complete, but it still has to go for a review by the Board.  Just wondering how much longer till I get the PE #?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 10:09 AM, J_MEC said:

I applied last year before they announced decoupling and they sent my application back around October with a letter telling me they decoupled and to apply after I take the exam. I emailed them and they said they would hold my transcripts, references, and my FE verification (I took FE in a different state) since I already sent that in and it cost me money for the transcripts and FE verification.

I e-mailed them on Tuesday and they said they didn't have anything but my new application. So I am super bummed that I have to bother all my references again and pay to have transcripts mailed again. Luckily they said I could just do the FE verification through NCEES because to get my FE verified by my old state took them two months and $20.

Many told me dealing with the state board and the application would be more difficult than studying for and taking the exams. I think I finally understand what they meant.

Hey J_Mec,

 

Just curious if you've heard anything from the board about the licensing process?  How long is it going to take?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how long this will take. I had to have all my transcripts and references sent in again. I requested transcripts be sent to my house at the same time in addition to being mailed to the state board so that I can verify they actually got mailed out. I still haven't received the transcripts yet so I doubt the state board has them either.

I don't plan on following up with the state board again until at least I have my transcripts. 

If your application is complete, you will probably get your license before me.

I will definitely post here once I am licensed to give you guys a gauge of how long it will take in the future. After all, I will be too excited not to share the news with the board.

Edited by J_MEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J_MEC said:

I have no idea how long this will take. I had to have all my transcripts and references sent in again. I requested transcripts be sent to my house at the same time in addition to being mailed to the state board so that I can verify they actually got mailed out. I still haven't received the transcripts yet so I doubt the state board has them either.

I don't plan on following up with the state board again until at least I have my transcripts. 

If your application is complete, you will probably get your license before me.

I will definitely post here once I am licensed to give you guys a gauge of how long it will take in the future. After all, I will be too excited not to share the news with the board.

Hey - just wanted to let you know that I received my PE # today - I haven't received anything in the mail yet.  But it's official -- I'm a PE!!  I had mailed my application in on June 6 - just to use as a reference point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is awesome. Looks like it doesn't take very long after they tell you that they have your completed application.

Edited by J_MEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got another e-mail from the state board saying they still didn't have my transcripts or references and I requested them a SECOND time and know that everyone mailed everything in a second time. I even had my transcripts mailed to my house at the same time I requested them be mailed to the state board and I received both of them, so I don't know what the problem could be?

I am not sure how to handle this. I am at the point I am thinking of calling them and asking if I can get the transcripts and references and then deliver them personally? I am very frustrated and just came here to vent. :brickwall:

Edited by J_MEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up calling the board and the lady on the phone was super helpful. Turns out they are only missing one of my references, not all 5 like the e-mail I had. They also have my transcripts.

I think this is the worst part about decoupling, having to deal with all the application stuff after the exam.

Edited by J_MEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody else have any experience with NC board? I sent my application two weeks ago and my check has not even cashed yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They cashed my check. I have been having issues with my reference's forms getting lost and filled out incorrectly. I really hope I got it all sorted out this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's strange that they allow to take the test without an approved application. But I guess it has it's advantages, I almost missed the test because my FE scores weren't sent in time from the NY board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody heard anything from the NC board? I have submitted my application about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard a word on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not contacted them. I guess I should since it's more than 4 weeks. What surprises me is that someone in this tread got his license in 2 weeks, and I still have not heard anything after 4 weeks. Not a word!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent in my paperwork first or second week of June. They charged my fee within two weeks once I have sent it. I received my licence in mail 2 weeks ago (week of July 17th). In my case it took 6 weeks since i original sent it paperwork. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PEDream said:

I sent in my paperwork first or second week of June. They charged my fee within two weeks once I have sent it. I received my licence in mail 2 weeks ago (week of July 17th). In my case it took 6 weeks since i original sent it paperwork. 

Thanks for the info, PEDream. I am going to wait another 2 more weeks, hoping they would complete the process by then. It is just difficult to wait for the license when you know you already passed the exam. I feel like an impatient kid.... :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...