Biggest bucket list item

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bot-Man

Reaction score
Everyone has bucket list items like skydiving or visiting a certain place or whatnot but what is your big ticket item? Mine is to climb Everest. Yes, I know it's insane. The permit from Nepal is 11k all by itself. Then around another 20-25k for everything else. Then there is the actual climb and the possibility of your body being forever frozen up there. (Google "green boots Everest") On the climb up you pass by bodies of people that didn't make it. I want to try it though. With great risk comes great reward. So what about the rest of you? Anything insane on your list? 

mine is to rent a large boat down in the Caribbean for a month or so...chill, dive, fish, relax, shoot pirates, etc..

I've met a # of people here in Colorado that have climbed Everest. most were doctors who had the time and the money, and even though they all boast about it, they basically say you kind of get lucky with either good weather or bad weather and that makes all the difference in if you have a relative "safe" climb or not.. 

I agree it would be cool to do, Ive done a decent number of 14,000 level peaks myself and have been turned around due to bad weather, although most were relatively easy,  if it can be freaky as hell at 14,000 feet, Id hate to see what its like at 30,000 feet...

I agree. Weather will be an unpredictable contributing factor. Especially since there is no way to really plan for it since it takes so long to get a permit. From what I understand you have to apply for it a year or two in advance.

I'm sure when I'm done a month on a boat in the Caribbean will sound pretty **** good. I'll bring the rum. 

No really big items except that i dont want to go in my sleep. When i go i want it to be epic. Better to burn out then to fade away. 

No really big items except that i dont want to go in my sleep. When i go i want it to be epic. Better to burn out then to fade away. 
What could be more epic than Everest? 

Friend 1 - Did you hear Demo died?

Freind 2 - Oh that's terrible! How did it happen?

Friend 1 - Climbing Mt. Everest. 

I'll put you down for one ticket.

There are a number of things i'd spend $11,000 on before paying to have mother nature kick my ass.

Lmao. I don't even know what to say to that except I guess I'm not the only one sipping the good stuff tonight. 

Cunningham: You mean a bucket list?    

Deadpool (Wade): Like a ****-it list. I'd really like to light a spliff off the Olympic torch.    

Cunningham: Pass it to me right after.    

Deadpool (Wade): Let's not forget naked tandem base-jumping with the WNBA's Sacramento Monarchs.    

Cunningham: Anything on my bucket list would involve public nudity.    

Deadpool (Wade): Finally, giving Meredith Baxter-Birney a Dutch oven.    

Cunningham: No. Receiving a Dutch oven from Meredith Baxter-Birney.
Classic

Working? Sorry to hear that.

I've seen it. It just didn't click. Probably the Jonny Walker. 

Its like eavesdropping in on the math club. Not much excitement. There isnt even a politics section to troll. 
That's why there isn't a politics section. You don't want to troll around here. The ban hammer is swift. I'm in a mood and have an idea for some excitement...

IMG_4277.JPG

Back