Today is the day!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David_EE

Reaction score
I have had today marked as the day results would be released from the start. It matches up with last years release date. In October the results were release around 4 PM central.

I have had today marked as the day results would be released from the start. It matches up with last years release date. In October the results were release around 4 PM central.
I sure hope you're right! I'm sick of waiting...

4pm central?  Is that when they normally release them?

Really? I thought it was more like 6:30 central for the October results.
I really think it varies quite a bit. I'm in OH and one co-worker received results around noon EST and the other around 4:30 at EST (different cycles both in April). I know someone else on this board said they got theirs at 6:30 EST.

I'm almost positive (its been a while) that my wife got her results for the October 2015 cycle mid-morning, definitely before lunch time.  They could come at any point in the day.

EDIT: That's the eastern time zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think release time depends on the State - CO at least has to approve the results and then allow NCEES to release them. In Oct 15 NCEES released the results to States later on a Friday, but CO didn't get back with them in time, so we all had to wait until Monday to see them...now that really sucked. I'm hoping for today, so at least CO has time to review before the weekend.....please?!

1) Don't get your hopes up for a release today. It WILL make the anxiety worse if it doesn't happen

2) The time of release is pretty random. I'm used to it happening midday, but after business hours isn't unheard of either. Don't try to make sense, or any kind of predictions out of it.

3) See number 1

Hey Folks,

I'm back on this board because I have some colleagues who took the exam this spring and I'm excited for them to get their results! Anyway to fodder the speculation...I just looked back at my results email from NCEES last winter and it was sent at 4:12 PM EST on 12/8/2016 (Thursday) for the October 2016 exam in Michigan.  I want to say the results were up on the NCEES website a few minutes before then, but I don't remember for sure.  I can also confirm the rumor about the date switching from month, date, year to just month, year on the NCEES dashboard; I think that happened ~2-3 hours before the results were released.  Either way, good luck everyone!

Texas PE Board Agenda. The meeting was yesterday and line 6 shows "Results and Statistics: Application and Examination Report."

Texas PE.PNG

Hey Folks,

I'm back on this board because I have some colleagues who took the exam this spring and I'm excited for them to get their results! Anyway to fodder the speculation...I just looked back at my results email from NCEES last winter and it was sent at 4:12 PM EST on 12/8/2016 (Thursday) for the October 2016 exam in Michigan.  I want to say the results were up on the NCEES website a few minutes before then, but I don't remember for sure.  I can also confirm the rumor about the date switching from month, date, year to just month, year on the NCEES dashboard; I think that happened ~2-3 hours before the results were released.  Either way, good luck everyone!
Thanks for the info on the date changing 2-3 hours before.  I've been wondering how quickly it changes before results are released.

I think release time depends on the State - CO at least has to approve the results and then allow NCEES to release them. In Oct 15 NCEES released the results to States later on a Friday, but CO didn't get back with them in time, so we all had to wait until Monday to see them...now that really sucked. I'm hoping for today, so at least CO has time to review before the weekend.....please?!
I don't think CO does this anymore (or at least I really hope not).  The note on their website (below) makes it seem like we will get results directly from NCEES.

Capture1.JPG

Back