Latest lurker

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujichan

Reaction score
Hello all - after lurking for almost two years, I thought it was high time to create an account and get my voice heard! Ok, not really, I just wanted to commiserate with everyone else. So, for the -1 of you that are interested, here's my pathetic sob story:

2001 - Graduated with Masters in Structural from Manchester University in the UK. Wicked, great, pat-myself-on-the-back, I'm so smart.

2015 - Yeah, old girls rule...decided to take the PE exam, how hard could it be? Hard enough, apparently.

2016 (April) - round 2....yeah, nope.

2016 (October) - round 3. <multiple expletives> spent the better part of an hour stuck in traffic and missed the start of the test. Yeah....nope.

2017 (April) - round 4 (but sort of still 3)...waiting, not very patiently, for what I know is probably a fail (since the exam completed knocked the wind out of me), but I still for whatever reason hold on to the small glimmer of hope that perhaps I am done after all.

So, fellow brethren with fond wishes, I bid thee farewell....for the next 5 mins anyway, before I log on again. :wacko:

Graduated 1994.  Took the PE April, 2012; Oct 2012; 2015 and #4 April 2017...  Plan on passing this time!!!

Can't you get it based on 20 years experience or is that only some states?
No. Experience can replace education needed to be eligible to take the test in some states.  still have to pass the test.  otherwise every engineer with 20 yrs in would be a PE.

Last edited by a moderator:
You give me hope. Keep going on the path. At this point so much has been invested that not to continue is crazy. Best of the luck to you, I feel your pain... 3rd time test taker here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back