Garden 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadagoose

That's preposterous.
Reaction score
So what DID you guys end up planting?

I put down some tomato and pepper plants.  Also expecting some not big but medium things from blueberry, gooseberry and grape plants.  Still won't produce nearly as much as the wild blackberry and other wild fruit in the area.

Scattered a wildflower mix a year or two ago.  Some of it might end up growing from dropped seed.  Again, much more variety available wild nearby: cherry, apple blossom, tulips.

I also have a fig tree, but like Jesus, find it to be lacking in fruit.

We had carrots, lettuce, rhubarb, cucumbers and leeks. 

When we cleared the garden area out (recently moved into a new rental), what we thought was a vine weed ended up being a grape vine. It got hacked back to it's root ball, but came back solid. 

Also had a ton of new flowers. I've never seen marigolds grow this big. They started as typical 6-pack sprouts, but were the size of basketballs by the end of summer. They're still going strong.  Also added a couple Jasmine vines and hibiscus.

Only issue we're dealing with is that we used sheep's peat as fertilizer when we set everything up, and ever since we've been dealing with a ton of clover.   

We had carrots, lettuce, rhubarb, cucumbers and leeks. 

When we cleared the garden area out (recently moved into a new rental), what we thought was a vine weed ended up being a grape vine. It got hacked back to it's root ball, but came back solid. 

Also had a ton of new flowers. I've never seen marigolds grow this big. They started as typical 6-pack sprouts, but were the size of basketballs by the end of summer. They're still going strong.  Also added a couple Jasmine vines and hibiscus.

Only issue we're dealing with is that we used sheep's peat as fertilizer when we set everything up, and ever since we've been dealing with a ton of clover.   
Sucks about the grape ball.

I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of scavengers trying to get in our garden:

3_o_zpsftubsi8r.jpg

I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of scavengers trying to get in our garden:

Oooo, you have a buttload of land.   And I love a good cattle fence picture.  Great for making tomato cages.  As for the turkeys maybe you can nail a few as part of some agricultural pest control by-law.

Back