Call of Duty anyone?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me playing shooter games on a console is the equivalent to handing the controller to a species without opposable thumbs. 

I played Battlefield 3 for a while, but those games get boring VERY quickly. They're typically designed for online multiplayer 2-team battles, so after you've memorized the 5 maps and unlocked the handful of weapons, it's just shoot, die, respawn, repeat...

I hope it has a decent single-player game, because I won't buy it otherwise.  We recently got a PS4, and I have really enjoyed Battlefield 1 because it has such a decent single-player campaign, and it's semi-historical.  I am looking forward to this COD for hopefully the same reasons.

Single player games are about just as good as watching paint dry.

Massive multiplayer immersed in a huge detailed HD world is where it's at! :thumbs:

Don't knock it until you try it. Co-operative missions are pretty sweet as well. 

My son has been playing Destiny quite a bit lately and is rocking the co-op missions. He's been playing it since the pre-release demo was out and somehow got it to glitch so he could get to level 40 (demo was limited to level 25). Finally bought him the full game at Xmas.

Sometimes the kids and I will turn on Minecraft and build some pretty epic castles. We'll spend hours on there. They'll invite some of their online friends from the US to come build with us too.

Don't knock it until you try it. Co-operative missions are pretty sweet as well. 
I have tried it and there seems little point for someone like me to spend any modicum of time trying to compete against the 24/7 gamers which congregate in such forums.

I have tried it and there seems little point for someone like me to spend any modicum of time trying to compete against the 24/7 gamers which congregate in such forums.
Depends on the server/game locations you join. There are low skill levels that can be more fun. :)

35339693.jpg

More often than not with those multi-player games like that, they are completely overrun by 24/7 guys. Even if you find a "low level" group, they just aren't very fun because you haven't spent the time to unlock anything. 

Back