How did you do?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalBound

Reaction score
Now the exam is over, waiting begins... I am hoping results will be out by June 2nd...

I hope everyone did better than they had hoped for.

I hope everyone did better than they think they did and hoped for, also!

I'm cautiously optimistic. Will just have to wait and see.

I am trying to not be too optimistic.  The morning was easy I thought.  The afternoon was not as easy for me.  There were a lot of areas I wasn't as comfortable with.  But hopefully my awesome morning carries my so-so afternoon.

I am trying to not be too optimistic.  The morning was easy I thought.  The afternoon was not as easy for me.  There were a lot of areas I wasn't as comfortable with.  But hopefully my awesome morning carries my so-so afternoon.
I agree with you, the afternoon can be considered difficult with so many tricky questions especially the ones related to steel design.

I agree with you, the afternoon can be considered difficult with so many tricky questions especially the ones related to steel design.
I wish there had been more steel!  That is 90% of what I do.  I had a ton of masonry (or it seemed like it!).  The two things that hurt me were the PCI and masonry - not stuff we do a ton of, so our codes are older and def. not my strong suit.

I didn't do too well in the morning. I agree with the PM having a lot of masonry questions; more than I was expecting. I was surprised how many times I had to use the OSHA book too. I kept telling myself to make sure I do the combination loading and strength reduction, but I had little time to review my answers.  I'm hoping for the best, but I'm content if I didn't pass as it was a good experience on how the exam is like being a first timer.

6 hours ago, ANASS said: I agree with you, the afternoon can be considered difficult with so many tricky questions especially the ones related to steel design.
I wish there had been more steel!  That is 90% of what I do.  I had a ton of masonry (or it seemed like it!).  The two things that hurt me were the PCI and masonry - not stuff we do a ton of, so our codes are older and def. not my strong suit.
I agree that there was a ton of Masonry. I thought it was just me, since it wasn't one of the areas I studied heavily.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In retrospect I feel there were so many questions in afternoon which I could have done better on. I expect to score 30/40 in morning and 25/30 in afternoon. Not sure if that would be enough at all . 

In retrospect I feel there were so many questions in afternoon which I could have done better on. I expect to score 30/40 in morning and 25/30 in afternoon. Not sure if that would be enough at all . 
Hope you didn't stop 10 questions early in the afternoon session :)

At this point, I'm obviously convinced I failed again and would just like to see my results to confirm it.

@cal91 No , I did not . I strongly feel it wouldn't have mattered if I spent more hours studying . I feel to pass the test we need some stroke of luck.  

This is my third time around the block, so I'd prefer not to get my hopes up, unfortunately.
Second time for me. I have hopes neutral. But then dream of seeing pass and get excited. But then remind myself to be neutral so as not to get upset when the results come out.

I had that terrible dream two nights ago that i checked the site and saw the PASS and completely lost my mind. the likelihood is slim to none, it's like my own brain wants to bully me. I don't even need these forum trolls to hate myself, i troll myself in my sleep.

I had that terrible dream two nights ago that i checked the site and saw the PASS and completely lost my mind. the likelihood is slim to none, it's like my own brain wants to bully me. I don't even need these forum trolls to hate myself, i troll myself in my sleep.
I had that dream last night, too. It was such a happy and joyous dream that even included me logging back into NCEES and doublechecking, just to find that I really had passed. Then it took me through me telling everyone that I passed, and showed me how happy they were for me. I was so happy in my dream, and felt so awful about it when I woke up! Ugh!

I had that dream last night, too. It was such a happy and joyous dream that even included me logging back into NCEES and doublechecking, just to find that I really had passed. Then it took me through me telling everyone that I passed, and showed me how happy they were for me. I was so happy in my dream, and felt so awful about it when I woke up! Ugh!
Yep! It felt so real. Like all of my emotions came together to lift my spirits and then drop me back to reality. And I've been watching a lot of The Leftovers in my newfound free time, so all this dream within a dream within a dream business is messing with my head. Sometimes I get that deja vu thing, where I dream it and then experience it, which would be a nice thing to hope for in this case. But I also have a minor in psychology, so... I know how the sneaky mind can create those false memories. I either need therapy, a hug or a drink before this is all over. And more importantly some blood pressure meds.

I think my mind was probably going through its greatest wish right now! I just really would appreciate it coming true.

One funny thing is that I even dreamed about my exact score (56, which is precisely 70%), which is strange because I will never know my score when I get that pass. I don't live in Texas!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that's literally dreaming about receiving passing results.  I had that dream last Friday.

Back