To those taking the April 2017 exam...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Duct

Reaction score
I've taken the mechanical engineering HVAC exam last October and passed.  The wait for the result, especially if you're not sure if you passed or fail, is worse than taking the exam.  

Good luck to you all.  

Thank you! I've read a lot about the 'wait' what I'm planning to do is 'take it, and forget it'. No more studying and if I don't pass, I'll just re-open the books about a month or two from now. I'm actually a lot less nervous for this test than the FE exam, which I took two years ago.

Thank you! I've read a lot about the 'wait' what I'm planning to do is [COLOR= rgb(192, 57, 43)]'take it, and forget it'.[/COLOR] No more studying and if I don't pass, I'll just re-open the books about a month or two from now. I'm actually a lot less nervous for this test than the FE exam, which I took two years ago.
That's what everyone says! :)  Certainly easier said than done...

To all those taking the exam tomorrow....[SIZE= 8px]suckas![/SIZE]....Good luck!!!

In my experiences, the wait is only bad once it gets close to anticipated results release time. Then when states start to release results and you are still waiting, the wait is excruciating. But also in the past, I've been able to take a wonderful vacation to Kauai while waiting. And also just generally enjoyed having my life back. So I think I was able to successfully forget it, for a while! A few weeks, at least. We'll see what happens this time!

In any case, thanks! Good luck to everyone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just think, when you pass, you can come back here at the beginning of October and feel the stress and tension from everyone else that will be taking the October exam as soon as you login! :p

Good luck everyone! you got this!!!!!

I am so happy I am not sitting in that test! I feel for everyone taking it today. 

I remember feeling lost the day after I took the PE. It was like breaking up with an abusive lover.

Back