Choosing Between Manufacturing vs HVAC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zmech

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm an Army Officer transitioning out into the private sector. Right now I have the choice for an HVAC job outside the  USA  or a stateside job in manufacturing. 

The HVAC job pays extremely well, but I don't see much progression in my career and the stateside job is with a top manufacturing company with lower salary, but great benefits. 

I have done a little HVAC work in the Army (far from mastering it), but I believe I would enjoy the manufacturing job more because I believe the work will be more exciting. Also the job outside of the  USA  is 6 days a week 8 hrs a day while the job in the  USA  is 5 days a week for the most part. So I would just like a little advice based on a more experienced engineer's perspective. 

**Also I'll point out that I made a mistake in posting this same topic in the PE Exam Prep Section. I do not believe I have permissions to delete my own threads. I apologize for the inconvenience.**

ZMech

•  

Back