Would you redo becoming an engineer? - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
canadagoose

Would you redo becoming an engineer?

Recommended Posts

With the benefit of hindsight, I would not.  I would become some kind of profession that revolves around axes and cutting down trees.  I love axes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why axes?  Using a power chainsaw is much faster.  I have a 16 inch gas powered chainsaw that I use to destroy trees growing next to my house on a regular basis and I know I would not want to be swinging an axe hundreds of times to do that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Exengineer said:

Why axes?  Using a power chainsaw is much faster.  I have a 16 inch gas powered chainsaw that I use to destroy trees growing next to my house on a regular basis and I know I would not want to be swinging an axe hundreds of times to do that.  

True.  The axe is generally a 2.5 LB used for wedges to force a certain direction of fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why axes?  Using a power chainsaw is much faster.  I have a 16 inch gas powered chainsaw that I use to destroy trees growing next to my house on a regular basis and I know I would not want to be swinging an axe hundreds of times to do that.  

203b7c7e2ce612193c1eb4bd1cd9776d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never. I have always wanted to become an engineer. It started with a head injury.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2017 at 5:53 PM, matt267 PE said:

Nope, I wood become  a male stripper. 

Certainly not an English major.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dleg said:

Certainly not an English major.

Feudian maybe?:dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used an axe as an engineer*.  Just sayin':wacko:

 

 

*Actually just the handle, but close enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2017 at 1:57 PM, Dleg said:

Certainly not an English major.

Until proven otherwise, *I* am the resident *actual* English major on EB. All hail my grammarian hammer. Gramhammer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, squaretaper said:

Until proven otherwise, *I* am the resident *actual* English major on EB. All hail my grammarian hammer. Gramhammer?

I beg to differ good sir. We already have a resident grammar specialist. And he goes by the name of @ptatohed. You might want to confer with him first as he may have some available positions that need to be filled. :thumbs:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, squaretaper said:

Until proven otherwise, *I* am the resident *actual* English major on EB. All hail my grammarian hammer. Gramhammer?

 

5 hours ago, knight1fox3 said:

I beg to differ good sir. We already have a resident grammar specialist. And he goes by the name of @ptatohed. You might want to confer with him first as he may have some available positions that need to be filled. :thumbs:

This is absolutely correct.  The rules are simple actually.  Your spelling, grammar, diction, punctuation, and use of verbs, adverbs, nouns, pronouns, proper nouns, adjectives, and past-participles should be 100% correct 100% of the time in thread titles and at least 95% correct 90% of the time in the body of a post.  Some additional forgiveness is allotted for those with English as a second language (but not much).  Punishment for breaking these rules can range anywhere from light razzing to full blown tormenting.    

I could go on 'alot' more but that is a whole 'nother' story which 'supposebly' should be saved for another time.    ;)  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • fudgey 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ptatohed said:

 

This is absolutely correct.  The rules are simple actually.  Your spelling, grammar, diction, punctuation, and use of verbs, adverbs, nouns, pronouns, proper nouns, adjectives, and past-participles should be 100% correct 100% of the time in thread titles and at least 95% correct 90% of the time in the body of a post.  Some additional forgiveness is allotted for those with English as a second language (but not much).  Punishment for breaking these rules can range anywhere from light razzing to full blown tormenting.    

I could go on 'alot' more but that is a whole 'nother' story which 'supposebly' should be saved for another time.    ;)  

What about those of us living in our second English-speaking country? Gotta use the Queen's English here...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dexman PE PMP said:

What about those of us living in our second English-speaking country? Gotta use the Queen's English here...

Light razzing.  ;)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have no clue what I want to be when I grow up. I didn't go into engineering for the love of engineering, but for the stability of it. I would probably go into the biology field or sports physical therapy. Except physical therapy would require actual studying in college since it is more competitive to get into.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. 

I'd have gone into business with some of the kids I graduated with who opened a successful fab shop doing rock crawler type work and parts sales.  Would have piggybacked off of that and covered the race car side of the spectrum. 

If not that, then I'd probably take a hard look at gym ownership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 11:05 PM, ptatohed said:

 

This is absolutely correct.  The rules are simple actually.  Your spelling, grammar, diction, punctuation, and use of verbs, adverbs, nouns, pronouns, proper nouns, adjectives, and past-participles should be 100% correct 100% of the time in thread titles and at least 95% correct 90% of the time in the body of a post.  Some additional forgiveness is allotted for those with English as a second language (but not much).  Punishment for breaking these rules can range anywhere from light razzing to full blown tormenting.    

I could go on 'alot' more but that is a whole 'nother' story which 'supposebly' should be saved for another time.    ;)  

Yeah, but have you ever been threatened with a ban for correcting RG's word usage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 5:47 PM, squaretaper said:

Until proven otherwise, *I* am the resident *actual* English major on EB. All hail my grammarian hammer. Gramhammer?

Grammarhammer

Edited by vhab49_PE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Yeah, but have you ever been threatened with a ban for correcting RG's word usage?

I have actually been banned for correcting RG.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...