Postponement - CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MElife09

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully postponed the CA 8-hour exam? I'm registered for the April 2017 ME exam but underestimated being a new mom and have not dedicated as much time to studying and do not feel prepared. I don't know if this is enough reason for the board to accept the postponement to Oct 2017. I found the Postponement form but it asks to attach supporting docs. I don't know what to really attach for my reason... Advice?

I've never heard of the NCEES postponement option. As an alternative, while it would add some additional cost, you could always just take it to see what the exam is like and what types of questions you'll see. Worst case, you fail and have to re-register but at least that would give you some experience as to what you could expect for the Oct. exam. Best case, you end up passing! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of the NCEES postponement option. As an alternative, while it would add some additional cost, you could always just take it to see what the exam is like and what types of questions you'll see. Worst case, you fail and have to re-register but at least that would give you some experience as to what you could expect for the Oct. exam. Best case, you end up passing! Good luck with whatever you decide.
Indeed - looked further into it and I cannot postpone the NCEES test. The only tests that can be postponed are the CE seismic and survey tests. Thanks for the best wishes...and like you said worst case I fail and have to re-take :)

I have two coworkers who weren't going to show up because they knew they didn't study enough and they both passed!  It's definitely worth trying.  Even if you don't pass, you'll be better prepared for next time.  Good luck!

Back