PE Exam in North Carolina (NC)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vico

Reaction score
As North Carolina changed the process for the licensing starting this April exam, meaning that you do not need to register with them before the exam, I am wondering if there will be any Ethics or Law questions along with the NCEES topics? I tried to reach out to them by they suck at returning calls and emails. I was told that there will be separate ethics and law questions on the exam but I have not been able to verify that. Please help!

If it's not on the PE exam study outline provided by NCEES which is published on their website then it won't be on the exam. Secondly, the ethics exam was given by the state board of NC not NCEES so there would be no connection regardless. To be licensed in NC I would still assume you would need to take the take home ethics exam if not applying through comity. 

If it's not on the PE exam study outline provided by NCEES which is published on their website then it won't be on the exam. Secondly, the ethics exam was given by the state board of NC not NCEES so there would be no connection regardless. To be licensed in NC I would still assume you would need to take the take home ethics exam if not applying through comity. 
Thanks for your response! That helped a lot!

Back