Engineer Boards
Road Guy

Last thing watched on netflix..................

45 minutes ago, vhab49_PE said:

...And the Great British Baking show.  

What's it called?

11 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

Its basically now just a teen type show?  I did end up watching it (like watching a train wreck you cant look away)

I think they are way overgeneralizing HS stereotypes with athletes, coaches giving them clean piss, etc. I mean especially the baseball team? no one gives a fuck about the baseball team!

Seems that way, but they keep hinting at a school shooting plot, so I'm waiting to see if they really try to go down that road.  There has to be some semblance of "closure" in the rest of the season, because the actress who plays the dead girl said she won't be back for the show's third season.

no real closure and no real cliffhanger either -

In that case, meh.

the whole trial aspect is kind of dumb IMO - I am not sure that is a legit goal? In most states you cant sue the government - not sure about California though its probably welcomed..

from being a loyal Law & Order follower, I don't think I ever saw the prosecution "redirect" after their witness got owned in cross examination..

2 hours ago, Supe said:

I'm I think 4 or 5 episodes into Season 2 of TRW and am not sure what I think about it yet.

Yeah, its all over the place.  I'm on... 8 maybe?

1 hour ago, Road Guy said:

Its basically now just a teen type show?  I did end up watching it (like watching a train wreck you cant look away)

I think they are way overgeneralizing HS stereotypes with athletes, coaches giving them clean piss, etc. I mean especially the baseball team? no one gives a fuck about the baseball team!

Agreed.  I don't remember HS being like that, but again, my HS experience was atypical and my kids aren't there yet, so I don't really know what HS is all about, especially a big one.

1 hour ago, Master slacker said:

What's it called?

Good question.

Just now, vhab49_PE said:

Good question.

That's a funny name for a cooking show.  Never heard of it.  

is it the one with that girl?

1 hour ago, Road Guy said:

is it the one with that girl?

Clearly.

As a side note, may we Amazon Prime losers post about content watched via that delivery vehicle, in this thread?

Edited by Audi driver, P.E.

10 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Clearly.

As a side note, may we Amazon Prime losers post about content watched via that delivery vehicle, in this thread?

Only if I can also post my Sling watching.

18 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Clearly.

Who f**king names their kid "Clearly"?

1 minute ago, Master slacker said:

Who f**king names their kid "Clearly"?

Mr. and Mrs. Window.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:02 PM, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Clearly.

Finished Orphan Black series

Waiting for Goliath Season 2 to come out

Might try Bosch

Bosch is pretty good.

also waiting on Goliath -

What's the best way I can watch the last season of the Americans? do a month of Hulu?

Also been watching the show Vegas - set in the 60's era Vegas? pretty decent - Good to see Michael Chickliss (sp) again - but the Dennis Quaid cowboy routine is a little much...

watched Evil Genius over the weekend - only 4 episodes, but its about the pizza delivery guy that had someone put a bomb on him and make him rob a bank - some really fucked up people. you cant tell exactly but maybe the pizza guy was in on it - maybe not. But its in Erie, PA (truth that white trash exist outside the south) but geesh, if the FBI, ATF, and state police took 4 years to solve this mystery it doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about how competent the rest of those agency's are.. but it was defin pretty interesting to watch (in a really sad way)

I finally got around to watching Making a Murderer.  A friend had recommended it when it first came out (2015), but I didn't have a Netflix subscription.  I just signed up for my free month on Netflix, and it was the first thing I watched.  The whole thing is really messed up, but the material is definitely presented in a way to make you sympathize with the Avery's and hate the prosecutor and sheriff's department.

The thing that struck me the most, though, was something completely unrelated to the rape and murder cases.  I had just re-watched Idiocracy the night before I started watching Making a Murderer.  The main point in Idiocracy is how intelligent people tend to be more conservative when it comes to having children, but less intelligent people breed like rabbits.  The opening episode of Making a Murderer talks about how Steven Avery has an IQ in the low 70's, then goes on to talk about how he had 5 kids with his first wife by the time he was convicted of the first rape (at 23 years old). 

maybe that is a Netflix thing (making the "law" look bad?) I cant recall the name but the Netflix show about the Unabomber kind of did they same thing, make the cops look like Barney Fife

2 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

maybe that is a Netflix thing (making the "law" look bad?) I cant recall the name but the Netflix show about the Unabomber kind of did they same thing, make the cops look like Barney Fife

That may have led them to pick up the series, but I doubt that they had anything to do with the way the documentary was produced.  It was filmed and produced over a 10 year period starting shortly after Avery was arrested for the murder.  I don't think Netflix commissioned the series...they just bought it when it was done.

The thing that got me when it came out was how the police/prosecutor just kept saying there was more evidence and he was definitely guilty.  My thought was, well then you better give more info than that because the series makes them look really bad.

1 hour ago, jeb6294 said:

The thing that got me when it came out was how the police/prosecutor just kept saying there was more evidence and he was definitely guilty.  My thought was, well then you better give more info than that because the series makes them look really bad.

I've read up on it a little bit, and there was some pretty damning stuff left out of Making a Murderer.  There were sweat stains on the Rav4 hood latch and battery cable that matches Avery's DNA.  There were also a series of phone calls from Avery's home phone to Halbach's cell phone with 2 using *67 to mask the caller's number before the murder, and one without using *67 after the murder to establish an alibi that Halbach never showed up to take the pictures of the van.  I got the sense even while I was watching the documentary that it was horribly one-sided and leaving out some pertinent details.  I'm not 100% convinced Avery didn't do it, but it was still some exceptionally shoddy police work.

Dassey on the other hand should never have even been taken to trial over his confession, much less convicted.  There was 0 physical evidence placing him at the scene of the crime, and I don't see how any juror watched the tapes of the investigators telling Brendan what to say and concluded that his confession was valid.

• Like 1

I watched Idaho the Movie Part 2 last night (on Amazon Prime, because I am a loser).  It's not as good as part 1, but it still leads me to believe I could hike all over the state and never need to go anywhere else, even if I were to repeat a trail or two (there would be no need, only desire).

2nd season of Legion. I really enjoyed this season's self-fulfilling prophecy between the Syds and how they made that not change the fact that David is delusional.

• Like 1