Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon.................. - Page 43 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Road Guy

Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Yeah, I knew there are other seasons out there that aren't on Netflix. Wasn't totally aware they were out of order, but yeah, that doesn't really matter to me that much. i would assume going forward, the seasons are now in the order in which they are being produced.

Anyone watch The Ranch? I loved that show when it first started - great cast-but I don’t know why they just can’t do a comedy / similar to that 70’s show and not have all the “serious” side to it... I still watched this last season but it’s now only good for maybe one chuckle per episode

I used to watch The Ranch.  The first few were good, now it's not worth the time.  I heard it's coming to an end soon, but not soon enough...

So for anyone still watching TWD - I’m trying to catch up on this last season- did they run out of ammo? I am not following why the 2 main groups are back to bows and arrows and sticks?

This whispers group just seems dumb.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:12 PM, Road Guy said:

This whispers group show just seems dumb.

FTFY

"This is not what I expected" - a funny Chinese romcom about a chef and a hypochondriac business man.

Because this is my life.

I watched the documentary Star Wars Empire of Dreams last night, (its on Amazon) I feel like this has been out a while (pre Disney) but It was really good if you haven't seen it. -Mark Hamill & Carrie Fisher were actually hysterical in their interviews.

Ohh good to know about! I bet my husband wouldn't mind watching that. I wouldn't either.

We watched that a couple of weeks ago. We really enjoyed it as well. A lot longer than I was expecting, though, like 3 hours?  

I only got about an hour and a half into it before I crashed - I didn’t notice how much was left...

Not been watching Netflix.  I've recently been introduced to longplays on youtube.  I've been watching someone play through Zelda BotW the past week or so?  It's great because I get to watch the video game get played, but without someone ranting about getting killed or talking throughout.  Def reminds me of when I was little and I'd watch my older siblings play video games.

Id like to see that one, but do you have to have that service to see it?

Watching Train to Busan. It's a Korean zombie film that's pretty good. 

• Like 1

Anyone gonna try this Apple TV? For 5 bucks - May take a month break for
Netflix and see if it’s any good? I think it also includes Disney’s service?

No licensed content for $5/mo, so only Apple "originals".  When their ad touted "big names like Oprah, Steve Carell, and Jennifer Aniston", I decided to pass.

I used my stupidly long flights to/from Canada last week to finish Seasons 2 and 3 of Sneaky Pete.  I really enjoyed the series, and am super pissed that Amazon cancelled it.  They make hot garbage with Miley Cyrus in it, but the fast-paced genuinely intriguing shows are the ones that get cancelled?  The show has a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes FFS!

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, Ble_PE said:

Watching Train to Busan. It's a Korean zombie film that's pretty good. 

A fucking fabulous film.  Have you watched the director's second live-action, "Psychokinesis"?  Same ridiculous semi-wacky idea that doesn't sound like a good movie, that is pulled off great.  Just got added to Netflix and I loved it.

Edited by JayKay0914

that sucks about Sneaky Pete - I also really liked it, but this last season sort of had me wondering how much longer they could have "good" material.

3 hours ago, Road Guy said:

that sucks about Sneaky Pete - I also really liked it, but this last season sort of had me wondering how much longer they could have "good" material.

I think they could have had at least 1 more solid season out of it.  Tie things up with him and Julia, out himself to the family, and square things away with his ex.  

7 hours ago, Supe said:

No licensed content for $5/mo, so only Apple "originals".  When their ad touted "big names like Oprah, Steve Carell, and Jennifer Aniston", I decided to pass.

I used my stupidly long flights to/from Canada last week to finish Seasons 2 and 3 of Sneaky Pete.  I really enjoyed the series, and am super pissed that Amazon cancelled it.  They make hot garbage with Miley Cyrus in it, but the fast-paced genuinely intriguing shows are the ones that get cancelled?  The show has a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes FFS!

Like @Supe said.  The current Apple content looks like garbage.  I'd prefer to wait and pay for Disney or something.

but don't you get Disney with the apple tv? - that was the only reason I thought it might be worth having for the holidays.. (for $5 bucks)

I think Netflix needs to pull a rabbit out of its hat cause I don't see much of anything good coming out of there?

& it would have been good for them to close out sneaky Pete with coming out to the family and such - it would have been money better spent than most of what's on Amazon lately-

Although I do like Goliath - but someone watch this new season and tell me if there are still cutting peoples arms, legs and tongues off - the ending to season 2 still sort of freaks me the F out..

25 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

but don't you get Disney with the apple tv? - that was the only reason I thought it might be worth having for the holidays.. (for $5 bucks)

I think Netflix needs to pull a rabbit out of its hat cause I don't see much of anything good coming out of there?

& it would have been good for them to close out sneaky Pete with coming out to the family and such - it would have been money better spent than most of what's on Amazon lately-

Although I do like Goliath - but someone watch this new season and tell me if there are still cutting peoples arms, legs and tongues off - the ending to season 2 still sort of freaks me the F out..

To my knowledge, there are no ties between Apple TV and Disney +.  Apple is banking purely on "original content".  

At last glance, Netflix content is doing OK.  They've released several horror type shows or movies now that Halloween is coming up.  Peaky Blinders is back too, as is Big Mouth.

I think the only Prime Originals I've liked have been Sneaky Pete, Jack Ryan, and Bosch.  I'm amazed at how they've totally squandered some good actors with terrible writing, like that show with Ron Perlman.  

I'm kinda hoping for a bit of a streaming war from all these random channels attempting to make their own streaming channel (Apple, NBC, etc.).  I mean, I personally am not going to stream a channel for a specific show (like The Office or Friends).  This'll just start making "illegal" streaming/sharefile/LimeWire big again, so nobody can make money anymore.  I'm wondering how much channels were making when they streamed on Netflix and if it's worth it for the network to make its own channel?

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:13 AM, JayKay0914 said:

A fucking fabulous film.  Have you watched the director's second live-action, "Psychokinesis"?  Same ridiculous semi-wacky idea that doesn't sound like a good movie, that is pulled off great.  Just got added to Netflix and I loved it.

I have not. I'll look into it.

• Like 1

if I owned Comcast / Time Warner I would go back to making cable $35 bucks a month and put a dent in all the demand for streaming - I defin think Netflix content is down - saw a thing on Motley Fool that they are on track to lose 10 Million subscribers this year or something.. I only have amazon for prime - which is like a crack addiction for our family..

I bet they don't even give Ozarks another season