Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Road Guy

Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Got  a new TV this weekend, our old one finally crapped out.  Had been tempermental about how it was turned on and finally stopped turning on.  Mr snick changed our netflix password too, so I am in the same boat as mini csb.

• Haha 3

Hasan Minhaj's "Patriot Act" is really good...new series.  

• Like 1

I watched "Veronica" which was claimed to be the "scariest movie ever."  Even junior, who is scared of her own shadow, was not scared.  

We just started watching "Haunting of Hill House".  More confusing than scary at the moment, but I've heard they sneak ghosts into half the scenes, so now I'm not even paying attention to the story line, just watching all the backgrounds for bodies and faces.

Just finished "Haunting of Hill House" last night. Going to watch "Homecoming" on Amazon Prime when it is released. We listened to the podcast and enjoyed it. 

6 minutes ago, envirotex said:

Hocus Pocus

image.png

Image result for alcohol poisoning meme

• Haha 2

i don't find the haunting of hill house all that scary...there are some startling moments but not scary.  

I am on episode 3 of Season 1 and its intriguing but a little hard to follow what the point of the show is?

I had to see House of Cards to the end but what a terrible way to end that show.  It was a very slow end without an actual ending.

The Good Doctor.  Directed by the same guy who did House M.D.  The concept is certainly not new but interesting so far.

10 hours ago, Violator said:

I had to see House of Cards to the end but what a terrible way to end that show.  It was a very slow end without an actual ending.

I've been debating whether to watch.  I had been a die hard fan up until this point, but I have not seen so much as a single positive review, aside from some feminist rants about how great it is to see female figures of authority that had nothing to do with the actual season.

It doesn’t show women in power in a good light if you ask me. Does more harm than good.

41 minutes ago, Violator said:

It doesn’t show women in power in a good light if you ask me. Does more harm than good.

In that case, I suspect most of the commentary came from those who hadn't really watched, but were just thrilled about Spacey being gone...

I started watching Hand of God - on episode 2 - sort of good and also sort of weird at the same time.. 

Been watching Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown with the kiddos.  Good stuff, but there are some adult words thrown around.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:00 AM, Supe said:

I've been debating whether to watch.  I had been a die hard fan up until this point, but I have not seen so much as a single positive review, aside from some feminist rants about how great it is to see female figures of authority that had nothing to do with the actual season.

the only good reviews had be be from feminist supporters.  Save yourself the disappointment.

I watched a few episodes of "The Horn" - a documentary type show that follows an alpine rescue team at the base of the Matterhorn in the Swiss alps...

live footage of how they rescue folks who ski into a crevice on a glacier - it defin makes one second guess extreme back country skiing (they literally pull a dudes half dead bloody body out)

but really well done show - only saw the 1st episode but its on the "list"

Just started Killing Eve with Sandra Oh (used to be on Grey's anatomy).  Very good so far!