Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Road Guy

Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

38 minutes ago, Ramnares P.E. said:

Didn't realize Vikings was on Netflix.  Definitely will be catching that.

You know what, I'm wrong.  It's not Netflix.  It's on Amazon Prime.  Got confused since it just pops up in the "recently watched" box on my FireStick.  Sorry about that.

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

Last night, the guy and I watched "The Finest Hours". I thought the story was pretty crazy and thought it was a decent movie (bonus points for it being based on a true story), but the boyfriend apparently didn't really like it. I thought he did, but at the end, he was not that impressed.

I liked it despite thinking the main female character was kind of annoying and not being Casey Affleck's biggest fan.

Had heard a lot of good things about the black mirror, so watched the first episode where the brit PM screws a pig to save some royalty? 

49 minutes ago, Dirty_Bird said:

Had heard a lot of good things about the black mirror, so watched the first episode where the brit PM screws a pig to save some royalty? 

The rest are less vulgar.  Each episode is an entirely different story line, there is no continuation from one to the next.  

Travelers is not bad. Dark Matter is also OK too.

If you are a nerd than watch the white rabbit project. It's made by the same people who made mythbusters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevo_55 said:

watch the white rabbit project.

Is it good? My daughter and I loved watching myth busters together. 

Not as good as Mythbusters, but it is worth a watch.

27 minutes ago, kevo_55 said:

Not as good as Mythbusters, but it is worth a watch.

Cool. I'll add it to my wish list.

so over the weekend my kids (HS age) started watching LOST. Its been pretty funny watching them try and predict what happens, who dies, gets rescued, etc..

I also forgot how addictive that show was.. I have tried to not disappoint them and tell them how weird everything will get in season 3!

• Like 1

Be sure to video their faces during the last episode, as the wave of total pissed-offedness and utter disbelief surrounding the notion that they just spent 1000 hours of their lives to watch a show with no f*cking ending washes over them.  

Just finished Star Trek Enterprise. Season 3 was the best out of the 4.

I've started re-watching Voyager because my daughter wanted to watch it.

My wife and I have also started watching Travelers (Netflix original). We've only watched one episode, but it has promise.

Edited by matt267 PE

3 hours ago, Supe said:

Be sure to video their faces during the last episode, as the wave of total pissed-offedness and utter disbelief surrounding the notion that they just spent 1000 hours of their lives to watch a show with no f*cking ending washes over them.  

:plusone::appl:

1 hour ago, matt267 PE said:

Just finished Star Trek Enterprise. Season 3 was the best out of the 4.

I've started re-watching Voyager because my daughter wanted to watch it.

Season 3 was the war against the Xindi, right? I remember watching that in college, so good!

LOL @ voyager. Think I'm going to skip that one and go to DS9.

I'm also addicted to X-Files all over again. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!  

11 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

Season 3 was the war against the Xindi, right? I remember watching that in college, so good!

Yup. That's the one.

12 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

LOL @ voyager. Think I'm going to skip that one and go to DS9.

Hey, I love me some 7 of 9. I have DS9 on my watch list too.

• Like 1

We're in season 2 of Enterprise, and it is actually pretty good.  The reviews (from critics and friends) kept me away far too long.  Voyager was good toward the last couple seasons, too.  DS9 was the best.  I'm thinking about watching The Next Generation again, though.

• Like 2

Don't ban me, but I've never actually seen DS9.

• Like 1

Give it some time.  As I recall, i really didn't start getting into it for a while, but by the end I was pretty certain it was the best of the Star Trek series.

believe me no one here will ever get banned for saying Star Trek sucks! Cause it does!  Especially Deep Space 9

1 hour ago, Dleg said:

DS9 was the best.  I'm thinking about watching The Next Generation again, though.

It was pretty good, especially when the entire Klingon fleet tried to stage an attack on the station. But the whole profits and pahrates crap got old as the seasons went on.

23 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

believe me no one here will ever get banned for saying Star Trek sucks! Cause it does!  Especially Deep Space 9

LOL!!!!

I used to think that, until I actually sat through it and paid attention.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt267 PE said:

Don't ban me, but I've never actually seen DS9.

same

We watched Stranger Things. My wife was getting pumped knowing that Season 2 was coming this Summer. Oh her bubble was popped during the Super Bowl when she saw Halloween instead of the Summer! She was pissed!

4 minutes ago, ktulu said:

We watched Stranger Things.

Best "Netflix Original" that we've seen so far.

• Like 2

Another one that I just started watching is "Vikings".  Doesn't look like it's on Netflix, but it's on The History Channel so you may be able to watch it online

Mr snick likes that vikings show.  There are some crazy messed up characters on that one!