New calculator added to NCEES's list for 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EX looks pretty slick with it's carbon fiber design and gunmetal buttons. 

714rkBGq9ZL._SL1200_.jpg

TI-36X Pro>all... just saying.  
you know, I felt that way for a while about the HP 35s because of its equation memory capability, but the algebraic textbook format just pulled me back to the Casio. I tried the TI 36x and just didn't find a considerable difference. Gave it to my roommate who at the time couldn't "afford" a calculator (he had to buy beer) and ever since just used casio. That was as a sophomore in college. My wife thought it would be cool and got me the casio classpad 2 for christmas, or birthday cant remember, and I don't find it any fun except for the colored screen. 

Really people should just use whatever calculator they feel most comfortable with.  I (sadly) did research before buying my calculator (seriously who researches a $20 calculator???) as I was used to my TI-83+ and TI-89 through high school and then college I wanted something as similar as possible with a full equation display and the ability to scroll back through equations/answers.  I hate calculators in which the instant you hit a math function button the previous numbers disappear, but that's just me.  That's why I went with the 36X-Pro, but again, the only answer to which calc you should use is whichever one you feel most comfortable with.  

Back