Civil Engineer for Realtor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibabaa

Reaction score
Anyone is working for Realtor as a Civil Engineer?  I am thinking to switch my career from infrastructure to Site Development and work for Realtor Company.  Any advice?

I thought Realtors sold property/land and Developers developed land/sites.  Here, Alibabaa is saying the realtor does the developing?  I'm confused. 

Anyone is working for Realtor as a Civil Engineer?  I am thinking to switch my career from infrastructure to Site Development and work for Realtor Company.  Any advice?
I say go for it.

Are there are Realtor's in your area that use/need Civil's, I would call them and ask what they're looking for from a Civil?

I am in Washington, quite a lots of development.  Just got the phone interview.  They are developer and they need a Project Engineer to manage the project of construction works.  Not much of the design, but management I believe.  I will ask them more in detail if they are considering me.  Thanks!

I thought Realtors sold property/land and Developers developed land/sites.  Here, Alibabaa is saying the realtor does the developing?  I'm confused. 
You are right, I should say developer instead of realtor.  I did used to work for Foundation company, my client was developer, I understand they need Engineer and Architect in-house to manage their projects. I guess the engineer would be more on management side or business development, rather than being design team, doing the calculations  ... and paper works. 

I am in Washington, quite a lots of development.  Just got the phone interview.  They are developer and they need a Project Engineer to manage the project of construction works.  Not much of the design, but management I believe.  I will ask them more in detail if they are considering me.  Thanks!
Good luck. Hopefully you get a call back and/or offer!

I an a civil turned architectural designer and I am thinking going into real estates and properly real estates development but I lack seed money.

Calling @ptatohed, we have a grammar situation here sir. Please advise further.
knightfox, as much as I, the EB Grammar Cop, agree with you that the perpetrator of this horrendous and horrific violation should be charged and swiftly administered justice for his grammar crimes against EB............... in this case, I just can't bring myself to do it.  It's difficult to be upset with anyone who likes 'high school maths'.  

mronlinetutor, this time - a warning.  Next time you pull an act like this in my jurisdiction - a citation.     

How much you need?  Got a good crop coming in this year, according to the Farmer's Almanac.

seed-money.jpg

Back