Oct 2016 PE. FLorida LIcense renewal?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DelaCujae

Reaction score
Hello,

I passed the PE exam in FLorida this past October. I already have my license number, which I checked at the Department of Business & Professional Regulation (dbpr) (www.myfloridalicense.com), I have not received as per Jan, 24, 2017 the actual paper certificates with my license and certificate.  There is a note at the https://fbpe.org/licensure/license-renewal/

that says that all new licensees after April 2015 do need to pay the renewal fee, but not require to submitt completion of the 18 hours of continuing education.  Are we, the newest licensees, required to renew before February 28? And pay the $98.75 fee?

Thanks before hand for responding to this message.

Yes, the FBPE typically licenses you for two year intervals.  I was licensed June 2016 and my fiance was licensed December 2015. Both her and my license (and every other PE in Florida) is schedule to expire 2/28/2017. Just FYI the Current, Active date is the expiration date...   When you do a license search under your name what date does it display?  If that date is 2/28/2017 you need to renew or you will have pay a late fee.  I renewed about 2 weeks ago and within an hour of paying my license expiration date changed to 2019.  Hope this helps and congrats!!  

I passed the PE test is October as well. My Current/Active status is until 2/28/19. I think the certificates just take awhile.

Does anyone received actual certificate yet?
Hello,

I just received my certificate Saturday. By the way, I called FBPE regarding the renewal thing, since I just passed  on October 2016, I don't have to renew. I checked the DBPR website and my expiration date is 2019.

Hope this helps.

Oscar.

Back