CT License No.?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeotechCT

Reaction score
Anyone receive the licensing packet or any other signs from Connecticut about getting the license number post passing of the October '16 exam? I see the website says 65 days- just checking to see if it was actually that long.  Seems awfully long! But perhaps that just how it is.

Anyone receive the licensing packet or any other signs from Connecticut about getting the license number post passing of the October '16 exam? I see the website says 65 days- just checking to see if it was actually that long.  Seems awfully long! But perhaps that just how it is.
I haven't gotten anything either.  And the website says 65 business days which puts worst case in the middle of March.

I haven't gotten anything either.  And the website says 65 business days which puts worst case in the middle of March.
I can't believe it takes them this long. I am not sure there are any other boards that take this long. I'm like itching to put PE after my name. I have been thinking of sending the board an email to see if it will be any earlier.

I can't believe it takes them this long. I am not sure there are any other boards that take this long. I'm like itching to put PE after my name. I have been thinking of sending the board an email to see if it will be any earlier.
AZ takes this long... Still waiting on my license number as well. Until then I am stuck with this lousy "EIT" next to my name and on my resume...

AZ takes this long... Still waiting on my license number as well. Until then I am stuck with this lousy "EIT" next to my name and on my resume...
I will drink a glass for each of us tonight, to commemorate our patience!

Update: I spoke with the very helpful person in charge of licensing at the CT licensing office.  She said that the packets would be sent out in the next two weeks or so.  Upon receipt of this packet, you write the state of CT a check, fill out a couple forms, send it back, and then very shortly thereafter you get a license number.

Update: I spoke with the very helpful person in charge of licensing at the CT licensing office.  She said that the packets would be sent out in the next two weeks or so.  Upon receipt of this packet, you write the state of CT a check, fill out a couple forms, send it back, and then very shortly thereafter you get a license number.
Sounds like end of second week of February! **** you CT, still super slow. snails pace!

Thanks Kam. I found Barb to be super helpful on the phone but less responsive via email when I was filling out paperwork to sit for the exam.

Just spoke with Barbara.  Can't imagine how many times she has answered the question... she chimed in before I could even finish asking "Probably going out next week" [re applications].

Just spoke with Barbara.  Can't imagine how many times she has answered the question... she chimed in before I could even finish asking "Probably going out next week" [re applications].
Thats good. I never got a reply for my email.

so here is the update, I checked license verification and it looks like the license package maybe sent soon. I have temporary address in NYC where I applied from, all these time it listed that city but today it was updated to my home city in PA (what my ID states), so I have my fingers crossed.

you guys haven't received your license from the Oct 2016 exam yet? that's very slow! I took the exam in VA and already have my stamp, applied for reciprocity in MD and have my license and stamp for MD too!

you guys haven't received your license from the Oct 2016 exam yet? that's very slow! I took the exam in VA and already have my stamp, applied for reciprocity in MD and have my license and stamp for MD too!
Stop rubbing it in. I know we are going in snails pace, that's cause we like slow and steady! OK!

Alrighty- got the licensing packet early last week, sent it back with a money order.  Reason for pending status has been updated to " DIVISION APPROVAL NEEDED " from "EXAM".  Anyone know what this mean? Anyone else have the same thing?

Thanks!

Alrighty- got the licensing packet early last week, sent it back with a money order.  Reason for pending status has been updated to " DIVISION APPROVAL NEEDED " from "EXAM".  Anyone know what this mean? Anyone else have the same thing?

Thanks!
Lucky you that you got it early last week. Mine was just received today, except they sent it to my parents place since I have not changed my address to my new address yet. Now I got to wait freaking couple more days until I get the packed then send money, then wait more time. 

Anyway, enough of my venting. I remember looking at last April's bulletin of the board where they formally congratulated all the new PE's I assume this goes through one final round of board approval before the license become active. I also got say, now that everything is moving forward, I or my company will not happy paying that renewal fees every year. Its way too expensive compared to surrounding states.

Back