EET Breadth and Structural Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I've found a few people out there who are also taking EET's on-demand breadth course, but I'm not sure I've found anyone taking the on-demand structural depth course.

Just thought this might be a place to come to coordinate studies, ask questions, etc.

So, is there anyone else out there doing EET's structural depth with me?

Hello.

Let me start by commending you for your post showing your diagnostic. I failed the 2016 fall exam as well and am now preparing to get back on the horse. Reading your post inspired me to join this forum.

What the hell is "Design and Detail of Structures: Component Design and Detailing" anyways? I hate NCEES. ( I got the same score as you. ) :blink:

I am signed up for the EET Breadth and Structural courses because the self study option didn't work.

I will take you up on your offer to coordinate studies, ask questions and suffer through this ordeal until WE both get this **** monkey off our backs.

Look forward to it!

Hello there, 

I am not signed up for EET Breadth and Structural courses but attempting P.E in April . Although I would like to coordinate the preparation with any of you.  Let me know if you are interested . 

@OIIIIIIIO, thanks! It took a big bout of courage for me to make post that, but I figured, what the heck. Maybe people here could see something I couldn't. Are you signed up for the on-demand webinars too, or are you doing the live ones?

@savangala, welcome! I plan to mostly be doing EET's course to study, and supplementing with NCEES practice exams as well. What do you plan to study from?

Have either of you used Lindeburgs book for the practice problems? I know its supposed to mirror the CERM.

Wondering if its worth the cost?

Hello! Second time test taker, also doing EET breadth & depth (structural) on demand. I have a bunch of PDFs of materials I'd be happy to share (two Goswami morning exams, NCEES breadth and depth exams, structural depth practice exams by Giancaspro, and more). Will be nice to have this thread to refer to whenever questions come up!

I took the EET structural depth on demand course in preparation for the October 16 exam.  I did self study only the first time I took the exam and failed with a 52/80.  EET's course are highly regarded as being well worth the money.  Do the extra problems at the back of each section and know how to navigate the binder and you should do well on the exam.  Good luck!

I took the EET structural depth on demand course in preparation for the October 16 exam.  I did self study only the first time I took the exam and failed with a 52/80.  EET's course are highly regarded as being well worth the money.  Do the extra problems at the back of each section and know how to navigate the binder and you should do well on the exam.  Good luck!
When you self studied what material did you use ? Currently I only have hard copies of CERN , Structural Depth Reference Manual and Concrete and Steel design for PE. I will also buy NCEES practice tests for this year & also Lindbergs tests, hopefully that would be enough

When you self studied what material did you use ? Currently I only have hard copies of CERN , Structural Depth Reference Manual and Concrete and Steel design for PE. I will also buy NCEES practice tests for this year & also Lindbergs tests, hopefully that would be enough
When I self-studied, I studied from the CERM, the accompanying Practice Problems, and NCEES tests. My second time around, I took PPI's PE course, which primarily used the CERM, its Practice Problems, and PPI's 6 Minute Solutions. This time around, I'm obviously broadening my sources of study material by taking EET's course, which at this point, I probably feel I should have taken to begin with the last time around!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the CERM, SDRM, SERM, AISC, ACI 318, NDS, and the masonry code.  I reviewed problems out of these when I only did self-studying the first time I took the test.  The second time I took the EET Depth Course.  The course helped to eliminate a lot of the unnecessary information that you won't need to know come test day.  I followed the course and tabbed the EET binder as well as the codes as I went along through the class.  I took my time and made sure to note code sections on review problems for help later if I had a questions on them.  The biggest thing I wanted to avoid the second time taking the test was having to hunt for answers.  I solved this problem by tabbing and performing lots of practice problems.  Organizing your practice problems most certainly helps a lot too.  If you prepare and organize well, you should do fine. 

Hey @leggo, @OIIIIIIIO -- I'm planning to register for the EET on demand class this week for the structural depth (was told that the webinar is full).  Not planning to take the 8 hr till Oct but would like to start studying a bit now.  Will sign up for the Breadth webinar in June/July.  Focusing on Surveying this cycle.  Not too familiar with the eb...can we create a group or is everything through posts? 

Hello! Second time test taker, also doing EET breadth & depth (structural) on demand. I have a bunch of PDFs of materials I'd be happy to share (two Goswami morning exams, NCEES breadth and depth exams, structural depth practice exams by Giancaspro, and more). Will be nice to have this thread to refer to whenever questions come up!
Hi ksml114!!

I was wondering if it would be too much to ask for you to share the PDF material that you mentioned before. I would highly appreciate it! I am planning to take structural depth exam in April and getting nervous already!

Thanks in advance

I'm almost through reading/highlighting the entire geotech and structural sections of the CERM. I thin I'll move to water resources next and then take a practice exam when I'm done with WR. That way I can gauge what I need to work on in the month or so leading up to the test. 

@leggo Really behind in everything as well - caught up with work  :(

Trying to study for Surveying -- I've heard from a few people that Mansour's notes are not enough. I have a copy of the 120 questions. Anyone recommend any other questions/study material? 

Back