Engineer Boards
PPI
leggo PE

The Running Thread

Got in a nice 8 mile run yesterday! Legs felt good. :)

First race of the year in the books: broke my half marathon PR by ~20 seconds. Completely unexpected - that PR is several years old and I trained really well for that race!

• Like 3

Nice job, @wyman! Surprise PR's are the best!

Hill repeats this morning. Nothing like a hill to make you wish that you had just done an easy 3. 

• Like 1

I ran in the big snowstorm yesterday... in shorts! The run was nice but my knees were howling when I got inside. Lesson learned.

Okay, after a ten mile run on Sunday, and bike commuting the past two days with the westerly wind having returned, my legs felt like lead on my short run last night. But they feel much better today! Good thing, as I have my last truly challenging training run tonight. 8 miles with 6 at HMP (half marathon pace). My half (which I'm not counting on running in under 1:45 at this point) is a week from Sunday, so next week, I get to taper!

• Like 2

Half marathon done! I didn't break 1:45, but went into it knowing that probably  wasn't going to happen.

Either way, I'm glad I did that race. It was a great course, and fun!

• Like 1

Boston Marathon today!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

Boston Marathon today!

and it's a cold rainy miserable day. 

However, best of luck to anyone participating.

• Like 1

Congrats to Mrs. @akwooly on completing her tough mudder run this past weekend.  Whose job was it to clean out the shower?

• Like 4

Woohooooo Desiree Lindon! And nicely done to the men's champion, Yuki Kawauchi!

First American women's win since 1985, and first Japanese men's win since 1987. So that's pretty neat!

• Like 1

I've really enjoyed Desi as a racer for awhile now. She's been largely in the background, because she's not part of the Dope Machine Nike Project, but she's a tough runner. You gotta figure she lost in 2011 by 2 seconds. I was so happy to see she won! 

• Like 1

It was frickin' POURING here a few minutes ago.  It's gotta suck to running out there today.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, Supe said:

Congrats to Mrs. @akwooly on completing her tough mudder run this past weekend.  Whose job was it to clean out the shower?

mrs wooly is a rock star! something completely out of her comfort zone.  and the poor housekeeping staff at the hotel had to deal with the mud....i am sure they just loved us.

• Like 1

On April 16, 2018 at 3:23 PM, MA_PE said:

It was frickin' POURING here a few minutes ago.  It's gotta suck to running out there today.

It sucked just watching it.  

So I'll just put this here for now. In July I'm doing a stair climb in 3 World Trade Center. This particular one is open only to emergency responders, and I'm told that firemen have to wear full gear, including the air pack. 3WTC is 80 stories, so that is the extend of the climb. Curious how I do.

I ran a mile last night.  I almost died.  

Too old for this bit.  

• Haha 1