Arizona Registration

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngmakhlo_PE

CIVIL
Reaction score
Can anyone who is registered in AZ let me know how long it took to actually get your license number? I submitted all required documents and fees about 3 weeks ago, I received a letter on the 23rd stating that they have received everything they needed, but no information on how long it will take to be reviewed...

Wow that's slow! I got my license number issued a week after receiving the "pass" result. I even have a VA stamp too, about a week old already. Now I'm working on NCEES Record since I need to apply for a license in MD, DE, DC and PA. If you need multiple licenses, I suggest you start now with the NCEES records. It's taken me three weeks so far to get the information but I'm still waiting on experience verification. Since I need several states, I think it's cheaper in the long run to go through NCEES and only submit experience references once.

Try calling and asking. The holidays have probably slowed the process down a lot.
I hate to think how many emails I have sent out, they probably hate me! I am just going to sit tight and try not to piss anyone off. Just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat. Thank you!

Wow that's slow! I got my license number issued a week after receiving the "pass" result. I even have a VA stamp too, about a week old already. Now I'm working on NCEES Record since I need to apply for a license in MD, DE, DC and PA. If you need multiple licenses, I suggest you start now with the NCEES records. It's taken me three weeks so far to get the information but I'm still waiting on experience verification. Since I need several states, I think it's cheaper in the long run to go through NCEES and only submit experience references once.
That is exactly what I have done in the meantime. I am still waiting on 2/5 of my references to verify my experience and that they supervised me. Other than that, my record should be just about complete, I think...

That is exactly what I have done in the meantime. I am still waiting on 2/5 of my references to verify my experience and that they supervised me. Other than that, my record should be just about complete, I think...
I'm still waiting on NCEES to review my experience before sending it off to my supervisor. This applies to two of my previous employers. I'm still waiting on a third previous supervisor to respond but he's either ignoring me (linkedin) or he hasn't actually seen my messages. Next step is to call him at his office since I stalked him and found out where he's working now. 

By the way, the verification form is so simple to fill out. I finally got to see today what it looks like (my first employer send me a screen shot of the form he received). I'll post an update to the NCEES records post with an update.

Got a letter from the board yesterday saying I needed to submit another certificate of experience form showing 9 more months of experience... I have the 9 more months of experience to show for but now I need to send it to my old supervisor back in NY to fill out and ask him to mail it to the board, thus making this process even longer. I just want this to be done! Oh and in the letter it says I have until February to get them the additional experience form or else I need to resubmit EVERYTHING again, including the processing fee... 

Got a letter from the board yesterday saying I needed to submit another certificate of experience form showing 9 more months of experience... I have the 9 more months of experience to show for but now I need to send it to my old supervisor back in NY to fill out and ask him to mail it to the board, thus making this process even longer. I just want this to be done! Oh and in the letter it says I have until February to get them the additional experience form or else I need to resubmit EVERYTHING again, including the processing fee... 
How many years of experience you  got? How many PE references have you submitted? 

I received my AZ license in FEB 2013 after passing the Oct. 2012 exam and they had everything on hand when I passed. You will get a letter once they have everything telling you it will go to the board. The AZ BTR has to bless everything. So in AZ you will need to look at the meeting dates and once they have everything the meeting after will be your date of issue. That will be a 3 month license and will need renewed within 90 days. They will charge $200 for a 3 year license at that time.  :wacko: hopefully that provides a little insight

I received my AZ license in FEB 2013 after passing the Oct. 2012 exam and they had everything on hand when I passed. You will get a letter once they have everything telling you it will go to the board. The AZ BTR has to bless everything. So in AZ you will need to look at the meeting dates and once they have everything the meeting after will be your date of issue. That will be a 3 month license and will need renewed within 90 days. They will charge $200 for a 3 year license at that time.  :wacko: hopefully that provides a little insight
I paid $100 before the exam and $100 after passing exam. plus NCEES exam fee, prep cost, books cost, postal charges, travel cost. This whole licence thing is getting very expensive!! 

Thanks for the info! Just as @lgulla1 said, this whole process has been pretty costly. When I received a letter last week from the AZBTR I thought "finally my license number!" just to open it and realize they wanted me to send in another form. They told me that I had until February 1 to get the form in, otherwise I would need to resubmit everything again, with another $100 check. Fortunately I was able to get ahold of my old supervisor last week and he mailed in my work experience certification Friday, so I am hoping they get the letter either today or tomorrow and will quickly turn around with my license number!

I am just curious - I was asked to submit all the reference forms and work experience certificates for an approval to sit for the examination. So, do I need to submit all those documents again, to get the licence? I don't get it.

Thanks,

I am just curious - I was asked to submit all the reference forms and work experience certificates for an approval to sit for the examination. So, do I need to submit all those documents again, to get the licence? I don't get it.

Thanks,
yes!! you have to resubmit pretty much the same stuff + $100 app fee after you pass the exam. According to @AZTRANS , you have to pay $200 more for licence.

yes!! you have to resubmit pretty much the same stuff + $100 app fee after you pass the exam. According to @AZTRANS , you have to pay $200 more for licence.
For VA, all I had to do was apply to site for the PE and pay the $60 application fee. I received my license in the mail 2 weeks after I was notified that I had passed the exam (NCEES website). Didn't have to pay anything else.

Hmmm....this kind of sucks now to get the paper work done again...Thanks for the information!
I submitted all of my forms and fee December 19th (three days after finding out I passed) and received a letter in the mail last week requesting another certification of experience showing 9 more months of experience and so I submitted that last Friday (1/13/17) and just got an email today saying they received my cert and it is under review now. Quite the process! Good luck!

I submitted all of my forms and fee December 19th (three days after finding out I passed) and received a letter in the mail last week requesting another certification of experience showing 9 more months of experience and so I submitted that last Friday (1/13/17) and just got an email today saying they received my cert and it is under review now. Quite the process! Good luck!
Yes, it seems to be a process that needs to be done. Well, your license is on its way :)  Congrats brothaaaaaaa

Back