School of PE - Power Notes Index anyone?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owism

PE
Reaction score
I tried to make an index (specifically made one for circuits) before the october 2016 test but it came out too complicated I didnt even touch it during the exam. Does anyone want to share their index of the notes? 

Sadly School of PE doesn't provide an index or table of contents of their notes. 

Is this a yoda moment?

do.gif

I tabbed School of PE's notes in the order of the NCEES syllabus. I then added other sticky notes in sections I thought were important. I pretty much knew my School of PEs notes in and out. If I couldn't find it in those notes or the Graffeo book, then I used the index of my text books to get me to the right reference.

I'm taking the exam in April as well and also doing the School of PE. 

Are the School of PE notes printed for you?  Or are these notes you take on your own?  I'm a bit concerned about jamming the entire School of PE class into a single month before the exam.  I'd feel much better if it was stretched out over another month.  I'd like to run a few practice exams as well before the test, but I don't know if I'll even have time.

Should I be concerned?

You have to print out the notes. It easily fills a 2" binder. I put the problems and solutions in a separate 1" binder.

I highly recommend watching the recordings (on demand) classes prior to the live classes. The biggest benefit of the live classes is being able to ask the questions. And he gives you time in between to do workshop problems which should force you to work them out. I typically ate dinner during those breaks since I had no time after work before the class started... anyways.. Taking it a second time around I feel comfortable that atleast i have all the references I need and I can find the answer somewhere, just a matter of practicing problems now.

Goodluck!

The best reference sheets will be the ones you make yourself.

I agree. 

Reference sheets and tabs aren't much of a help if you are not familiar with them. 

It is no different than some of the pages in your reference book that you haven't read yet. 

Back