• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

whole set of Power PE Exam reference materials and a bit thought about study materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homerca

Reaction score
Selling all my PE study materials, I passed the exam with them on my first attempt, also I did not take any review class.

Graffeo, the Electrical Engineer's Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam, this one is the most important one covers most of exams. $60+mailing cost.

NCEES Power PE sample exam, this one is also very important,  $35+mailing cost

Camara, Power Reference Manual for the Electrical and Computer PE exam,  I don't know why I carry this book to the exam, but I did find some question on it.  It is also a quite good reference for electrical engineer.  $100+mailing cost

Complex Imaginary drill set 4+code drill set, I don't think it is very useful in the exam, it is a bit simpler than NCEES sample exam. But you might want to do it for exercise. $50+mailing cost

Spin-up for the electrical and computer engineering PE exam, a lot of duplicating materials, too simple, but covers some of the exam. $20+ mailing cost

Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineer 14th Edition, It is a heavy book. Not quite useful, but you might want it just in case $20 + mailing cost.

Grainger, Power system Analysis, Indian edition, a lot of people found it quite useful, but I never used it. I think it might be useful for those who want to refresh what it is learned in college. $10 + mailing cost.

Wildi, Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems, 6th Same as above. $10+mailing cost

NEC code 2014,  I don't need to stress the importance of this book. $30+ mailing cost.

Hand book of Electric Power Calculations. Too complicated, no so useful. But somebody might want to use it for calculation. Free, if buy any of the former books. First come, first service.

NESC 2007 handbook, totally useless for the exam.You might want to buy an NESC code, although it is too expensive.  Free, if buy any of the former books. First come, first service.

Other books I found quite useful, but decided not to sell it. 

Ugly's Electrical Reference, it is not expense, quite useful, I think you can get one from Amazon for about $10, I decided to keep it because it is small, won't occupy a lot of space.

If anyone want all of them, I would sell all of them for $250+mailing cost.

That is pretty much all the materials I used in the exam, plus same materials I printed out. For example C37.2. 

message to my ID if you are interested. Please note that all books were sale first come first sale.

It is holiday seasons, I might not be able to mail them very quickly, although I will try. I think you also might need a break before the New Year. Thank you!

I would prefer to send them with priority mail, so we could have a tracking number. But you might select whatever mailing you want at your own cost.

Sorry, I will keep the first three days for selling the whole set.  You might still order it, but I am not guarantee that I will sell it to you.  After that 12/18/2016, it is sale on the first come first serve.   Just reply that you want the book or PM me, I will know who is the first one.

Back