Credential Evaluation - Board Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumanmysore

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently received my evaluation results from NCEES and turns out that I have 13hrs deficient in General Studies as many have had and I sent these results to the NJ board and now I'm awaiting board's decision on this to take my PE exam in April 2017. 

Can any of you please let me know if you were or heard of somebody in a similar situation and what the outcome was from the board? Did allow you to take the exam?

I have all the relevant experience and also received the EIT certificate.

From what I've heard from fiends who have foreign degrees, this is quite common. You'll likely have to goto a local community college and take a few general education classes. 

From what I've heard from fiends who have foreign degrees, this is quite common. You'll likely have to goto a local community college and take a few general education classes. 
I see.  I'll wait to see what the board has to say. Do you happen to know if they provide some kind of an explanation as to why the application was rejected in case they do?

and thanks for the response.

I am still waiting for my determination from the board, but I would imagine that they would tell you why you were denied if that is the case.  Have you tried calling the board for a status update?  So far they have been very helpful to me when I called to check on my application.  I had an issue with a signature on 1 of my reference forms and they were very helpful in helping me get it resolved and getting new copy of the reference form submitted to them.  

When did you submit all of your documentation, references, and transcripts and other documents. They had a board meeting 1-2 weeks ago where they reviewed applications, and their is another meeting around the 19th of January. If you call them up, you should be able to get a status update on whether it was reviewed or if they are waiting for additional information before the board reviews it.  

Good Luck

William

Back