Texas PE Exam Grades

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mthossain1121

Reaction score
Congrats to those who passed the October PE exam! I know Texas releases your actual score for the PE exam whether you pass or fail and I was told that 70 is the score needed to pass.  Unfortunately, my progression for the last 3 exam attempts have been 64, 65 and now 69.  Here's to hoping I can finally reach 70 next April.  I wasn't sure if the 69 score relates to missing one or two questions.  Anyone else dealing with barely not passing?

Good luck to those who are on the trek of preparing for the April 2017 exam

I feel your pain. I got 68 and it was my second time taking it. I haven't decided if I want to take it again but I know I will regret it if I don't. Right now, I can't think.

I know how you feel, it took me 4 times to pass (just passed this time).

Each time I improved by about 3 questions. 70% should be the passing score, if you got a 69 it is likely you missed it by 1 question. I missed it by 1 question last year-- so I know how it feels. I actually requested a re-grade by hand last year-- it did not help. Just keep at it, you will get it next time! Good luck!

I feel your pain. I got 68 and it was my second time taking it. I haven't decided if I want to take it again but I know I will regret it if I don't. Right now, I can't think.
You should definitely try again. I got 68% on April 2016 and it felt bad because I know that was probably about 2 to 3 questions short. I re-grouped, worked hard making sure I followed a planed scheduled for about 3 months. Worked a lot of practice problems to get use to the pace needed for the actual exam because my biggest problem was time and not skipping the more complex problems. I also worked two full exam like practice tests. I passed this time and improved my grade to 80%. Therefore there is always room for improvement.  

Also, if you guys have not taken a review class, you should definitely consider taking one. It does help a lot. Specially because they are focused on topics more likely to appear on the exam, and you will be provided with tons of problems to practice. 

Back