October 2016 Pass rates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kam

Reaction score
http://ncees.org/engineering/pe/

Pass rates

PE exam pass rates are from the October 2016 exam administration, except where otherwise noted.

Exam

First-time takers

Repeat takers

Volume

Pass Rate

Volume

Pass Rate

PE Agricultural and Biological (April 2016)

72%

60%

PE Architectural (April 2016)

86%

33%

PE Chemical

71%

32%

PE Civil Construction

55%

29%

PE Civil Geotechnical

63%

27%

PE Civil Structural

66%

43%

PE Civil Transportation

68%

33%

PE Civil Water Resources and Environmental

71%

35%

PE Control Systems

79%

45%

PE Electrical and Computer: Computer Engineering

62%

29%

PE Electrical and Computer: Electrical and Electronics

78%

60%

PE Electrical and Computer: Power

66%

38%

PE Environmental

62%

37%

PE Fire Protection

64%

38%

PE Industrial and Systems (April 2016)

78%

13%

PE Mechanical HVAC and Refrigeration

83%

48%

PE Mechanical Mechanical Systems and Materials

73%

47%

PE Mechanical Thermal and Fluids Systems

73%

47%

PE Metallurgical and Materials

67%

57%

PE Mining and Mineral Processing

65%

27%

PE Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering

75%

10%

PE Nuclear

72%

70%

PE Petroleum

66%

40%

PE Software (April 2016)

56%

33%

I know some of you are still waiting your results but I wanted to post October pass rates and volume for your use and pleasure.

On the plus side, that is a higher passing percentage for Civil PE - Structures repeaters than I think I was expecting.

No state can claim they haven't gotten the results!
Oh I know. In fact, they have told us that they have them and are processing them. So that's better than no news, but it's a long story as to why they couldn't just release the results to us the first day since they are now requiring those of us who pass to send the Board a new form letting THEM know we have passed the PE exam after we have received our results. They used to just keep track of it themselves, but apparently that's changing.

Oh I know. In fact, they have told us that they have them and are processing them. So that's better than no news, but it's a long story as to why they couldn't just release the results to us the first day since they are now requiring those of us who pass to send the Board a new form letting THEM know we have passed the PE exam after we have received our results. They used to just keep track of it themselves, but apparently that's changing.
****, cali sounds all twisted!

I know some of you are still waiting your results but I wanted to post October pass rates and volume for your use and pleasure.
Mechanical HVAC 83% pass rate for first time takers ?

Good new for those who took HVAC and still waiting for results.

wow 70% for repeat takers in nuclear

wasn't the pass score for repeat takers ZERO at one point?

Yeah, the 2015 test was 0% for repeats. While my degree is nuclear, that test scares me ... so I took mechanical :pASSED2:
wow, degree in nuclear

how is that going for you? Thank goodness my college didn't offer it, I would have done it.

I worked at a power plant and it was a nightmare.

wow, degree in nuclear

how is that going for you? Thank goodness my college didn't offer it, I would have done it.

I worked at a power plant and it was a nightmare.
So far, not too bad. I work for an AE firm with a nuclear power-focused division, but I am a mechanical for all intents and purposes (even by title). I'm glad I found this because had I gone in "nuclear engineering" at a nuclear plant, I would probably be there most of my career.  :unsure:  

wow 70% for repeat takers in nuclear

wasn't the pass score for repeat takers ZERO at one point?
Yeah, the pass rate for the Nuclear PPE is pretty atrocious. I think this year may actually be the highest overall pass rate for nuclear since they switched over to the multiple choice testing. Not that 71% is all that high.

So far, not too bad. I work for an AE firm with a nuclear power-focused division, but I am a mechanical for all intents and purposes (even by title). I'm glad I found this because had I gone in "nuclear engineering" at a nuclear plant, I would probably be there most of my career.  :unsure:  
Its not so bad.  Pay/benefits pretty good by todays standards. Stable as anything. 

Engineering can be a drag but you can go to Operations or Mgmt. and do really well.

If you dont like the plant, work at corporate office or be a contractor.  

Id interviewed at an AE...20+ year desk jockey with 2 hr commute and no benefits.....pass.

Back