• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PE Power Exam - References for sale (and some freebies)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allgood

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Now that I’ve passed, I’m getting rid of most of the books that I acquired. Below are the items that I used during the preparation and exam for the October 2016 PE Power Exam. Pictures are available upon request, PM me. If the item is still listed then it's still available. I'll strike through the item once it's no longer available.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My list of references was very extensive and the books below are what I took into the exam with me, plus NEC 2014 Code book (tabbed). I also had (2) three-ring binders with additional material printed out and some personal notes. I managed to get a copy of the IEEE red book and the IEEE green book (the red book was VERY useful). I was able to fit all of these into a large folding cart (amazon: office depot mobile folding cart with lid); I highly recommend this cart! I used about 80% of my references on the exam, didn’t reference any of the practice exams during the actual exam. The list is long but I had my references tabbed and knew which book I needed for a specific topic. Studied for about 3-months for a total of 200-250 hours.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]For the free items listed at the end, I’ll include your item of choice when your total is $75, no more than one free item per $70. Just pay the additional cost of shipping for the free item. Items ship from Maryland; just tell me how quickly you want them delivered. I accept PayPal or money order. If you're using Paypal, add transaction fee to the total (2.9% + $0.30).[/SIZE]

Strike = unavailable

[SIZE=12pt]1.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The Electrical Engineer’s Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam by Alexander S Graffeo[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. This book has been hi-lited, tabbed and (useful) notes and formulas written in it. By far the most valuable of all reference materials that I purchased. It’s no wonder why you will read many of the previous test takers highly recommending this book; I can’t stress enough how useful it was for me. Sells for $98 new, I’m selling for $60 + shipping[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]2.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]NCEES PE Electrical and Computer: Power Practice Exam[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Clean in like new condition. Most useful practice exam, I went through this one three times. Sells for $40 new, I’m selling for $20 + shipping[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]3.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Complex Imaginary - Complete Set (Vol. 1-4)[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Clean in like-new condition. I went through this book twice and made notes of my weak areas. Sells for $150 new, I’m selling for $90 + shipping[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]4.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Complex Imaginary – Electrical Code Drill Book[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Clean in like-new condition. I went through 75% of this book and it’s extremely useful in helping with quick code look up and familiarizing yourself with the different code articles. This book, I believe, was most useful in preparing for code related questions. Sells for $30 new, I’m selling for $20 + shipping[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]5.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Spin-Up for the Electrical and Computer Engineering PE Exam (Power), 2nd Edition by Cory Lanza[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Clean in like-new condition. I only solved a few samples exams from this book since I ran out of study time. I would highly recommend the test-taking strategy in the introduction which I used during the AM and PM sessions. I finished both sessions early (with 1.5 hours to spare for the PM session). I do think that the strategy did contribute to this. Sells for $65 new, I’m selling for $25 + shipping[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]6.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]PE Electrical Vol 1 License Manual, by C.V. Chelapati[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Like new with some hi-lites. Although the formatting of the book follows the old test format, it was useful in covering some basic concepts. Sells for $100 new, I’m selling for $50 + shipping.[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]7.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems, 6th Edition by Theodore Wilde[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. This is an international paperback edition. It has hi-lites and some notes. This was a useful book for reviewing basic concepts that I wasn’t able to find in Chapman. Sells for $30 new, I’m selling for $20 + shipping.[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]8.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Handbook of Electrical Power Calculations, 3rd Edition by H. Wayne Beaty[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Got this used since some people on the board recommended it. I personally didn’t find it useful but you might have use for it. Selling for $20 + shipping.[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]9.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Electrical Machinery Fundamentals, 2nd Edition Stephen J. Chapman[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. I picked this one up used from Amazon for cheap. It’s an older book but I wanted it for reference and didn’t want to spend a bundle to brush up on basic concepts. It was quite useful in my opinion especially the chapters on Transformers. Free when your total is more than $75. Just pay for the additional cost of shipping.[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]10.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Electrical Engineer Reference Manual by Raymond B. Yarbrough + Solutions Manual[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Picked these up used from Amazon for cheap. The reference Manual was useful for economics and lighting. Free when your total is more than $75. Just pay for the additional cost of shipping.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]11.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Ugly's Electrical References, 2014 Edition 4th Edition[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Like new. Got this when I saw a few people on the forum recommend it. I personally didn’t use it since I was very familiar with the NEC tables and quick look up. Sells for $11, Free when your total is more than $75. Just pay for the additional cost of shipping.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]12.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Casio FX-115ES Plus Engineering/Scientific Calculator[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. New in packaging. This was my back-up calculator. Sells for $16.99. Free when your total is more than $75. Just pay for the additional cost of shipping.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]13.  [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]NESC 2012 and NFPA 70E[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt], printed from a pdf and bound with a spiral. Not for sale but I will include them for Free when you purchase Complex imaginary practice exams (Vol 1-4 and drill book). Yes, you do need all of the NESC and not just the index.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Alternatively, you can get everything listed above (1-13) for $300 + shipping for the whole set.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]I would expect shipping to be expensive (unless it’s Media Mail) since these books are heavy.[/SIZE]

14. Power System Analysis and Design by J Duncan Glover, 5th Edition. Forgot that I also had Glover. International edition in good condition. Didn't use it since I ran out of time but someone might find it useful.       $20 + shipping.

Get the rest for only $70 + shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll buy the CI stuff, just not able to PM you so PM me please. thanks

Back