EET Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngmakhlo_PE

CIVIL
Reaction score
For anyone who is planning on taking the April 2017 exam, I STRONGLY urge you to consider taking the EET review course, or at least look into it and maybe give one of the instructors a call to pick their brains about the course. I took the April 2016 exam and only self studied for the exam and did not put a whole lot of effort into it so when I received my "fail" notice I was not completely shocked. I knew I needed to get serious about studying and I thought one way to hold me to studying and being committed to studying would be to take a review course. I heard a lot of great things about EET from folks here on the boards and decided I would give it a shot. Turns out, the EET course was the best decision I could've made. Every single instructor is dedicated to your success and really enjoys teaching their respective subject matter. I mostly worked with Samir since I took the transportation depth and Samir handled a majority of the review courses for that subject matter. Samir is truly passionate about what he does and it shows through his excellent teaching and support. I cannot thank Samir and EET enough and I hope that those who are looking to pass the PE seriously consider taking this course. You will not be disappointed at all! Good luck to all who are pursuing licensure!!

I cannot agree more!

I recommend EET! So far the best prep material I've seen. Everything goes by outline, in the same order, and EET covers afternoon preparation very well. I took School of PE before and morning was good, but afternoon - I hardly felt prepared at all... So yes, take EET!

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into EET for Civil Transportation!

Just trying to budget for it now. Thank you again everyone!
Pro Tip: Pay with PayPal and pay it off over the course of the class. Better yet, have work reimburse you after you pass! They have a discount running until today, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro Tip: Pay with PayPal and pay it off over the course of the class. Better yet, have work reimburse you after you pass! They have a discount running until today, I believe.
Great. Do you recommend the live webinar or on demand course?

Great. Do you recommend the live webinar or on demand course?
I recommend the live webinar if you can make it every Saturday. With the live webinar you can interact with the instructors and other folks in the class while the instructor is going through the topics. That way if you have a question, you type it into the chat window and 9.9/10 times the instructor answers it right then and there. To me that was the best part, being engaged and discussing questions with the instructors and other students. Live webinar is the way to go. And like @John QPE said, you do not need to pay it off as you go and also look into your companies policies on reimbursements for review courses, my company reimbursed me as soon as I paid for the course and showed the proof with the receipt. Where there is a will there is a way my friend!!! Good luck!

Registered to Breadth and Transpo Depth! This would my 3rd time taking it.

1st time- fresh out of school without studying (FAIL Obviously).

2nd time after 1 year - self-studying, failed this past october.

and now 3rd and last time HOPEFULLY!

Did you just purchase the on-demand material for both breadth and depth? 
I had it as on demand and it worked for me - I could watch whenever I had time, stop and re-watch. But I took School of PE before that (in class) so I didn't really had questions to ask as I was watching it.

Registered to Breadth and Transpo Depth! This would my 3rd time taking it.

1st time- fresh out of school without studying (FAIL Obviously).

2nd time after 1 year - self-studying, failed this past october.

and now 3rd and last time HOPEFULLY!
Good luck! You can do it! Third time is a charm ;)

I took the EET Course for Breadth, Depth, and Seismic. The EET Course was great. The instructors were very helpful and caring. The course material was great. The course is organized well. The practice problems in the course are helpful. I only took one Transportation course in undergraduate and do not work in Transportation, I took the course and I passed the exam. 

@nightwing - I currently work in structural but will be switching to Transportation and taking the PE depth transportation... do you think the EET course gave you everything you needed to pass the exam? Or did you still need to buy all of the listed reference manuals? My office only has structural manuals :/

I actually have a Structural background and the EET Course provide tables from all the important references. I learned everything from the EET Course. There were about two or three questions which I used other references to help answer. I borrowed some references and bought another one. I think the EETCourse will help you with most of the questions. Some of the references like the AASHTO Green Book and MUTCD can be printed for free online. 

I actually have a Structural background and the EET Course provide tables from all the important references. I learned everything from the EET Course. There were about two or three questions which I used other references to help answer. I borrowed some references and bought another one. I think the EETCourse will help you with most of the questions. Some of the references like the AASHTO Green Book and MUTCD can be printed for free online. 
FHWA's MUTCD is free but I don't think you'll (legally) find AASHTO's GDHS free online. 

Good to know, thank you!

I only brought in the materials EET provided and the tables they had online and I passed the transportation exam no problem. On demand was best for my schedule. Keep in mind their practice exams are harder than the actual exam so don't lose all hope if you don't do well. I only scored 40/80 on both practice exams.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back