When to begin using "PE"

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngmakhlo_PE

CIVIL
Reaction score
I passed the exam, however, I am waiting on my state to mail me forms I need to fill out and mail back before I get my certificate, so I am assuming I should hold off using the title PE until I am 100% registered? Also, how the heck do I edit my name here on EB? I definitely want to put PE after my name on here now!

I waited for the number.   Took several more weeks for the wall certificate.  No need to wait for that.  

Go to your account info. There should be a tab display name

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

425b44c7885d48ab05c18ec966cab145.jpg

Go to your account settings and click on the display name tab. There's not more to it than that

4 minutes ago, thejulie_PE said:
425b44c7885d48ab05c18ec966cab145.jpg
Hmm strange. last two options do not exist in my account. Maybe when i get supporting membership it will be there.
Ah. Possibly. I didn't try to change it until after I supported.

I passed the exam, however, I am waiting on my state to mail me forms I need to fill out and mail back before I get my certificate, so I am assuming I should hold off using the title PE until I am 100% registered? Also, how the heck do I edit my name here on EB? I definitely want to put PE after my name on here now!
I would not use "PE" on anything until your state issues you a number.

Some states require additional steps, payments, forms, etc. before you are licensed. 

Just because you passed the exam, you are not a PE until the state recognizes you as such.

Congrats on passing, the rest is just paperwork.

Back