CT is out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed, Mechanical.

What is next step to get stamp?
We have to wait for them to add us to the active roster, which will take another month. there should be a package showing up to our houses with related files. 

Board website was updated today and this was the message

" For candidates who passed the October 2016 exams: If you have completed all requirements for licensure, you will receive a licensing packet from the Connecticut State Board within the next 65 business days. "

We have to wait for them to add us to the active roster, which will take another month. there should be a package showing up to our houses with related files. 
Thanks Kam, 

Do you know about the business liability insurance? What is the best way of using this PE license?

Thanks Kam, 

Do you know about the business liability insurance? What is the best way of using this PE license?
Are you trying to become an independent public consultant? otherwise I am not understanding why you would need a business liability insurance (its usually taken care of by the company you work for, they take all the liability). There is separate fee to make your seal an enterprise seal, I am not familiar with it but im sure somebody within this forum is, you can probably search around and find what you need.

Are you trying to become an independent public consultant? otherwise I am not understanding why you would need a business liability insurance (its usually taken care of by the company you work for, they take all the liability). There is separate fee to make your seal an enterprise seal, I am not familiar with it but im sure somebody within this forum is, you can probably search around and find what you need.
Yes Kam, I plan to work independently. 

Yes Kam, I plan to work independently. 
I am not quite sure how things work in CT (I only took PE there because the deadline was further out than NY) but from hometown in PA, all you need is your seal and insurance for coverage, city provides you with a business license and you are fairly set.

So you guys read the part about waiting 65 business days for our license package? that **** puts us in second week of march! that is seriously a long time!!!!

Back