When Are License Numbers Available? - OCT 2016 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
CntrlEngrPE

When Are License Numbers Available?

I know this might be a bit too eager of me, but I was wondering after how long typically can we lookup our name and obtain our license numbers after passing the PE exam? Folks who have passed prior, do you remember if it long or not?

6 minutes ago, CntrlEngrEIT said:

I know this might be a bit too eager of me, but I was wondering after how long typically can we lookup our name and obtain our license numbers after passing the PE exam? Folks who have passed prior, do you remember if it long or not?

I believe it depends on how your state assigns license numbers. Not all states handle it the same way.

19 minutes ago, ngmakhlo said:

I believe it depends on how your state assigns license numbers. Not all states handle it the same way.

True. In Delaware you get assigned a license # when you apply to take the exam. So I can see what my PE# through my application even though I'm not listed on the roster. I would guess you have to pay a fee in order to be shown on the roster.

In WA state you need to wait about 2 weeks after the results are released to be able to lookup your name and get your license number.

In California the moment you receive your notification from the board that you pass you can go online and see your number already assigned in the license checker.

I received passing notification at 5:30 PM Thursday night and had my license number listed on the TBPE website at 5:11AM Friday morning. (Texas)

PA guy here. I'm already seeing my number on the lookup site. Pretty shocked.

59 minutes ago, Panchito said:

In WA state you need to wait about 2 weeks after the results are released to be able to lookup your name and get your license number.

:thankyou:

It varies from State to State. In Maryland, they'll send you a registration about two weeks after the results come out. The registration number becomes your liscence number after you pay the licencing fee.

On 12/9/2016 at 5:23 PM, RBHeadge PE said:

It varies from State to State. In Maryland, they'll send you a registration about two weeks after the results come out. The registration number becomes your licence number after you pay the licencing fee.

Virginia is nearly the same. I emailed the APELSCIDLA Board today, and I received a reply stating, "The licenses will be issued in the next 2 weeks." I don't know if there are additional fees or not.

I'm in Iowa.  We have a form to fill out if you are a successful in passing the exam.  Pay like a $75 licensing fee and mail/fax it in.  Then it takes an additional 5-7 days to process.

17 minutes ago, Andrew Reynolds said:

I'm in Iowa.  We have a form to fill out if you are a successful in passing the exam.

Maybe this is where California got its new idea (same thing) from!

I am in Arizona. We are required to submit an application for registration along with letters that have been individually submitted by three licensed references, proof of citizenship, list of qualifying work history, and $100 processing fee. Might I add that we had to submit ALL of these mentioned items including the fee to even be allowed to sit for the exam... good thing I saved everything from the first time around!

8-10 weeks in Florida:

"The Board will initiate the final steps for licensing you as a professional engineer. The process of entering the scores, assigning license numbers, and issuing the license card and wall certificate takes eight to ten weeks."

On 12/9/2016 at 1:07 PM, WA_Civil_PE said:

:thankyou:

Thanks here too.  We have submitted a lots stuff to the state board before the exam, I hope that's all we need, no more hoops, just sit and wait, gosh!

22 hours ago, ngmakhlo said:

I am in Arizona. We are required to submit an application for registration along with letters that have been individually submitted by three licensed references, proof of citizenship, list of qualifying work history, and $100 processing fee. Might I add that we had to submit ALL of these mentioned items including the fee to even be allowed to sit for the exam... good thing I saved everything from the first time around!

That's nuts

Anyone from Kentucky who can advise what to expect?  I submitted my application with references and work history last Friday morning.  The wait makes me nervous that something is terribly, horribly wrong!  It's not quite as bad as waiting for the exam results, but I'm riding a rollercoaster of emotions over here.  AGGGGHHHHH!

12 hours ago, Brandon Kiser said:

Anyone from Kentucky who can advise what to expect?  I submitted my application with references and work history last Friday morning.  The wait makes me nervous that something is terribly, horribly wrong!  It's not quite as bad as waiting for the exam results, but I'm riding a rollercoaster of emotions over here.  AGGGGHHHHH!

The AZ board told me it could take as long as 4-6 weeks to review and come to a decision on my registration application, and my last reference letter wont get out until at least tomorrow morning so I have a ways to go, lets hope they have everything they need the first time around!

On 12/9/2016 at 10:04 AM, CntrlEngrPE said:

As soon as you pass the 4 hour ethics exam they release them usually.

23 minutes ago, fireguy said:

Not always true; mine isn't up yet.

Yeah, mine's not up in CA yet either.

Rumor has it, numbers might be available and posted tomorrow morning in CA. Hope that's true so I can spread the good news, officially. 

3 hours ago, fireguy said:

Not always true; mine isn't up yet.

Yeah, my bad it looks like it's different this cycle. When I passed a few years ago, I already saw my number online by the time I got the email notification.  This time my email notification looks different.