California Results Any news??? - Page 31 - OCT 2016 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
PE October 2016

California Results Any news???

3 minutes ago, Oregon_Matt said:

The board has a couple different cycles that it places engineers in for renewal so they aren't processing renewals all year. I know a few who are 6/30... It looks like we're in the 3/31 group.

Time to pony up some more $$$! Yippee! (sarcasm intended) 

FYI ya'll to whom this applies (us lucky folks).

License Fees.PNG

OK, get a response from someone at BPELSG.  As you said Oregon, more $$$!

When you are awarded your license you are slotted into the next renewal cycle within 90 days of licensure.  At this point you have not yet paid for your license, only for the application/examination process.  Once you renew in March your license with then be valid for two years.

2 hours ago, geemanjee said:

OK, get a response from someone at BPELSG.  As you said Oregon, more $$$!

When you are awarded your license you are slotted into the next renewal cycle within 90 days of licensure.  At this point you have not yet paid for your license, only for the application/examination process.  Once you renew in March your license with then be valid for two years.

I came here ready to ask the same question, but you guys are on top of it! Geez :) Thanks for the info @geemanjee. That actually makes sense. A renewal period of 2 years is actually not bad. Annoying but doable. I initially thought it was every year, I was ready to throw a fit 

Do any of you know when we might get our certificates as well? Do they mail them to our home addresses? 

17 minutes ago, NJtoCA said:

Do any of you know when we might get our certificates as well? Do they mail them to our home addresses? 

Email from board says: We are pleased to inform you that you have successfully met all required criteria for licensure as a

Professional Engineer. This letter will serve as temporary evidence that you now hold a valid license. A formal

certificate, which will include your license number, will be prepared and mailed to you within four to six weeks.

17 minutes ago, NJtoCA said: Do any of you know when we might get our certificates as well? Do they mail them to our home addresses? 

Email from board says: We are pleased to inform you that you have successfully met all required criteria for licensure as a

Professional Engineer. This letter will serve as temporary evidence that you now hold a valid license. A formal

certificate, which will include your license number, will be prepared and mailed to you within four to six weeks.

Great job Eva!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Eva said:

Got the same e-mail after I asked the question. Thanks :)

3 hours ago, NJtoCA said:

Got the same e-mail after I asked the question. Thanks :)

I have only received email from NCEES yet and nothing from state. May be they will send one when my license number will be entered into the database.

I assume all license numbers are not entered into the system. I think all new license numbers entered yesterday are for southern CA only. I am from Sacramento and did not see any new license numbers for those who passed in 2016 and took their exam in Sacramento area.

22 minutes ago, Habib said:

I have only received email from NCEES yet and nothing from state. May be they will send one when my license number will be entered into the database.

I assume all license numbers are not entered into the system. I think all new license numbers entered yesterday are for southern CA only. I am from Sacramento and did not see any new license numbers for those who passed in 2016 and took their exam in Sacramento area.

All individuals eligible for licensure as of this date are shown in License Lookup:  http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml  (California Traffic Engineer candidates are not loaded yet)

If you believe you've met all qualifications for licensure in California and do not appear in License Lookup at this time, contact BPELSG using : http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/contact.shtml to find out what is deficient. Many times, BPELSG is still waiting on fingerprinting results.

2 minutes ago, CAPLS said:

All individuals eligible for licensure as of this date are shown in License Lookup:  http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml  (California Traffic Engineer candidates are not loaded yet)

If you believe you've met all qualifications for licensure in California and do not appear in License Lookup at this time, contact BPELSG using : http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/contact.shtml to find out what is deficient. Many times, BPELSG is still waiting on fingerprinting results.

I just did that and you were right as for Sone reason they did not had my finger prints which after 5 minutes hold they were able to find. 

I should have my license number up by Wednesday :)

14 hours ago, homerca said:

Any update about the certificate and wallet card? 

Certificates were mailed out about a week ago.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:46 AM, Eva said:

Impressive that you made it to the last sentence!  Thanks for the update.

On 1/10/2017 at 10:00 AM, CAPLS said: Certificates were mailed out about a week ago.

What about those nifty plastic wallet cards?

I took the Oct 2015 exam, and didn't get my plastic card late August 2016.

On 1/10/2017 at 10:00 AM, CAPLS said: Certificates were mailed out about a week ago.

What about those nifty plastic wallet cards?

Got mine last week in the mail.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk