What do you think the pass rates will be for October 2016?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vermonter

Reaction score
Take a guess at what the pass rates will be for October 2016 exams

Will we see any pass rates exceed 90% for first timers? How about below 40%?

they should count the scores for the "no shows" to help the curve....if there is one. 

does the winner get a couple of bonus points towards their finals score on the exam?

I think the pass rates will be much lower due to the amount of new people taking it because of decoupling of the exams. Expecting 50% pass rates in a lot of subjects for first time test takers (certain subjects which regularly get below this anyway-- nuclear, petroleum, software...etc will have 40% or less pass rates).

Repeated test takers will have similar pass rates for exams with a large pool of test takers and very wildly different pass rates for exams with a small pool of test takers.

I think the pass rates will be much lower due to the amount of new people taking it because of decoupling of the exams. Expecting 50% pass rates in a lot of subjects for first time test takers (certain subjects which regularly get below this anyway-- nuclear, petroleum, software...etc will have 40% or less pass rates).

Repeated test takers will have similar pass rates for exams with a large pool of test takers and very wildly different pass rates for exams with a small pool of test takers.
I was actually thinking decoupling may increase the pass rate because a lot of the repeat test takers I know are people who have been out of school 8+ years and who have forgotten a lot of the theoretical content and are only strong in the area(s) they work. I think there's a certain amount of the fundamentals that you have to be familiar with or carry over.

Hey @tryandtryagain, I see you took the dreaded petroleum test this year again. I did too...missed it narrowly last year and I don't know what to expect this go around. I honestly think it was tougher this year even though I felt better prepared. Do you think the decoupling thing in TX will help lower the cut score?

Hey @tryandtryagain, I see you took the dreaded petroleum test this year again. I did too...missed it narrowly last year and I don't know what to expect this go around. I honestly think it was tougher this year even though I felt better prepared. Do you think the decoupling thing in TX will help lower the cut score?
No I think the cute score will remain the same since I have heard they base it on how well actual existing PE's taking the exam score on it.

The exam I took this year was about as hard (and random) as the one I failed last year-- so we will see...  

^^^ "cute score" LOL
giphy.gif

^^^ "cute score" LOL
LOL..I think we really need the cute cut score this year :) . I agree there were too many random and obscure questions...especially the endless conceptual problems. The test format has totally changed in recent years from what I heard and petroleum being so broad makes the test a nightmare. I know the conceptual questions are necessary to an extent but they don't have to be 60+% of the test! Wasted so much time checking references that I had to totally guess on a few questions on both the AM & PM. Hoping for the best...

14 hours ago, knight1fox3 said: Do not report comments without giving a reason simply because you do not like them. Strike 1.
Rose-Gold1-1.gif
Cards! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
References to the Cardinals will result in no strikes and insta-ban. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
[emoji30] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji23] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji320]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back